Author Topic: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?  (Read 954 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
My sister said it was raining in East Sussex today but it hasn't here. It was showers forecast today and tomorrow so we'll see whether rain appears. I've been out in the garden today and it's fairly cool. Cloudy again though. Sunshine please! (Not the one on sabbatical having a well earned rest)

huhn

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 04:54:18 PM »
come over here, today nice with only 35 and  some wind.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 08:14:14 PM »
Only 35??  >yikes< I start melting ten degrees lower than that!  Mind you, it's more of a 'dry' heat in Cyprus, isn't it?  Over here we get more of the horrid, sticky humid conditions which make the temperatures feel higher than they actually are..

Apparently Poole Harbour has had less that 2% of its normal rainfall in the last few weeks at 1mm.

Don't worry, OldTone.  When you finally get it... I'm sure you'll really get it  ;-)  If there's one thing the British weather is good at overall, it's producing wetness ...

My sister said it was raining in East Sussex today but it hasn't here. It was showers forecast today and tomorrow so we'll see whether rain appears. I've been out in the garden today and it's fairly cool. Cloudy again though. Sunshine please! (Not the one on sabbatical having a well earned rest)

I'm glad you clarified that last line or I might have thought you'd had enough of me standing in  >biggrin<  We've just had some rain, I almost didn't believe it when I heard it!  Maybe just about enough to give the gardeners a break from the watering this evening  >Darkcloudraining<

More wretched heat on the way in the next three days.  It has to end soon, this is not seasonal!!!!

huhn

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2018, 06:29:24 AM »
up in the mountains is it dry with most of the time a little breeze , but sometimes it can be very  humid, with horrible  thick fogs in the morning.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:41 AM »
When I went out to the car this morning I found a sprinkling of water drops on it. I wasn't sure if it had rained overnight.

However on the road I noticed just a couple of small puddles so I supposed it must have, although the road and pavements were otherwise dry.

Still hot and sunny with no cloud at present.