Author Topic: Do you have a copy of a new PIP AR1 form? (Request from Benefits and Work Forum)  (Read 337 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3800-do-you-have-a-copy-of-a-new-pip-ar1-form

Do you have a copy of a new PIP AR1 form?
Category: Latest news
 Created: 15 August 2018
We have very recently heard from several members about a new PIP AR1 review form that they have received. We would very much like to see a copy if you have one.

It is not yet clear whether the new form is being sent to every claimant whose PIP award is being reviewed or only to some claimants as a trial.

The current AR1 form takes you through each of the daily living activities covered in your original PIP claim, from Preparing Food and Eating and Drinking through to Mixing with Other People and Making Decisions About Money.

It also covers the two mobility activities, Planning and Following a Journey and Moving Around.

For each of these activities you are asked to say whether the activity has got:

Easier
Harder
No change
The new form covers the same activities but instead of asking the questions above, it asks:

Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.
Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of any aids you use.
Tell us about any changes to help you need or the help you get from another person.
If you have received a copy of this form and you are able to scan it and email it to us, we’d be very grateful.
Meanwhile we have included brief information about the new form in our PIP claims and reviews guide in the members’ area.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Hi
I have completed these forms for people renewing their PIP claim and they are very misleading.  I have one in my bag but it has claimant information in it so cannot copy this.   From the advisors point of view you need to know what the person answered before.  Many people are caught out because they think that DWP WILL look at the previous claim,  I have a form where we said everything was the same and the award was reduced from enhanced and enhanced to zero points on both.

Even if nothing has changed and you tick - has stayed the same I would be inclined to put a story somewhere on the form rather than trust dwp.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Even if nothing has changed and you tick - has stayed the same I would be inclined to put a story somewhere on the form rather than trust dwp.

That's the only sentence where Trust and DWP can ever come close to each other!

As to the form: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/386829/response/935884/attach/3/PIP%20AR1%200316%20watermark.pdf
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:51:40 PM by ATurtle »
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

lankou

• Charter Member

That's the only sentence where Trust and DWP can ever come close to each other!

As to the form: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/386829/response/935884/attach/3/PIP%20AR1%200316%20watermark.pdf

Is that the new form though? That is what is being requested.

Monic1511

Yes its the new form

leaf

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
I received the form this morning.

There are no tick boxes. For each descriptor there are the three questions above with a small space to reply

eg.
1. Preparing Food and Cooking
Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.
[space for reply]

Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of any aids you use.
[space for reply]

Tell us about any changes to the help you need or the help you get from another person.
[space for reply]

then qu.2 descriptor as in the PIP2 form. etc etc. the same format as above

question 12 is slightly different as it has tick boxes for distance able to walk, but then the three questions as above.

it's a trickster.

I have a scan of the example page, but don't know how to post images.

Monic1511

Hi
to upload documents you create a reply on the phone PC that has the picture on it.  Below this box is a plus sign that says attachments and other options.
click on that and then you locate the file you want to upload by clicking the Browse button
the Browse button opens the folder on your PC

I hope that makes some sense.

As for the form - this means you MUST keep copies of previous forms and award letters otherwise you will not know if you have worsened from the info you gave the last time.  I know you might feel better but if you were awarded 4 points for one thing but your answers indicate that you only meet the 2 point criteria you could unintentionally lower your award.   >crying< >crying<

leaf

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
yes, because it's so open ended, there's a risk of leaving something out, so effectively it's not a lot different from the original PIP2 claim form.

I'm hoping I can do in a bullet point fashion, cross checking with my original form that I don't leave anything out. Which would be so easy to do.

As usual the form arrived 8 days after the date on the letter, so time is limited.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:22:50 PM by leaf »

Monic1511

Ask for an extension you can get up to 2 weeks

leaf

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
I've got an extension. two weeks just as you said.

Too much going on and we had a few days booked away, first time for years, so time was under pressure. And the doctor is on holiday so can't access letters for evidence until she's back. Quite a relief to have an extra 2 weeks.

It's an awkward form, because although there might not be major changes, it reads as if they still want to know how each activity is managed, and nothing stays quite the same so there are changes, even if minor. What that means is that I'm having to examine and look at how I manage almost all aspects of my life, and it's managing but only just, so having to write about it is really demoralising..

Going to forget about it for a few days while we go on our mini-break.

Monic1511

Enjoy your break, if you send it back without extra evidence don’t panic, phone on the day you post it and just say that you wanted them to know so that if the post is slow you can confirm when it was sent.
 >x-fingers<