Author Topic: General chat about anything you want :-)  (Read 2191 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: General chat about anything you want :-)
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »
 >bighugs< It is good to read more about how you are doing Frances. Say hey to Ryan for me and that I hope his health gets back to what it was soon. You have been through such a lot and yet got back to the level of using a walking stick is amazing well done (I hope that does not sound cheesy). There should be some sort of family test that lets sick and disabled people know who is genuinely caring etc as opposed to who will let you down with a thump. It is good you are getting outside, I find it so easy to stay indoors too much when I am in pain that I have to remind myself to go out even just into the garden. The other day I went out and was welcomed by a blooming yellow rose that had grown in my absence. It reminded me there is a life I can have that might be considered small by some people but can be full of allsorts of moments in time.

Our old cleaner stopped coming when her own husband became ill and we have not got around to choosing another one. When Mr Sunshine broke and dislocated his ankle social services gave us contact information for a agency that charged 16 an hour. Our cleaner had been giving charging 14 for two hours and so I could just not get my head around spending half my DLA Care on cleaning. hmm one thing about having few friends and no family living nearby is our house can be scruffy and only we see it. I know it is much harder for people who are more limited than I in terms of having no good days when some chores get done.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »
Your right no one to see the Mess. Just it would be good if I could just remember where I put Things ! Ryan still computer mad. We are both a bit fed up, as we are trying to loose some of the extra inches we have put on. When you think a year ago I was only 50 kilos now I am 73 the same as my age .
Just wish I could be more Phisically active.
That is the trouble with being so inactive(Lazy!!!) >erm<
You need to give love to receive it.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2018, 09:08:43 AM »
Today has started well, I had a fire start in the kitchen, whilst making a terrible attempt at frying an egg, shortly followed by a nose bleed. (Fire transported outside, no problems.)

SteveX

« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
oh! that's not good lankou!  hope you're okay now and I hope the nosebleed stopped soon.
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
 >crying<Lankou

I hope you have recovered and that everything is back to normal.
 >hugs<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »
No more disasters (yet.) Normal is self adjusting chaos.

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
People like us dont need to do extreme sports or sky dive to get an adrenal rush. All we do is try to push the daily living envelope and try to fry and egg, do some hoovering or carry a cup of coffee on a tray  >yikes<

I am glad you are okay  :-)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
People like us dont need to do extreme sports or sky dive to get an adrenal rush. All we do is try to push the daily living envelope and try to fry and egg, do some hoovering or carry a cup of coffee on a tray  >yikes<

I am just preparing to sweep the chimney. What could possibly go wrong?

SteveX

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »

ah.. you need good old Fred Dibnah for that job..  what a legend and a true gentleman, may he rest in peace.
Member of POMMAS

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »
I've no idea who he is but I'm hopeless with celebrities.

I have bought a ticket to see Anne-Marie in May next year. The venue has standing and seated in a dress circle. Strangely you can't chose a seat, they just allocate them. So at the library on a borrowed computer having bought my ticket within minutes of them going on sale at 10 am I went to the venue's access section and printed off the form and completed it saying that I need a free carer ticket (might need morphine and my night vision isn't good and it's a fair way away so I'll need someone to drive me) and requested that my ticket to be in the front row of the dress circle because it's painful for me to stand for more than 5 minutes or so and if people decide to stand for the whole main act then I wouldn't see the act at all if anyone was in front of me and I posted the access request form off together with evidence of my disability, signed for via the post office so I really hope I'm allocated seats I need. I followed the instructions given to me by a man at the venue whom I had spoken to the day before on the telephone where I was trying to find out if the disabled access facilities would enable me to see the act. That's already happened to me once at the 02 arena in London where I didn't see any of the act at all because everyone in seats in front of me stood for the entire main act. I will also need early access as I can't stand in a queue and seating inside while I wait until we're allowed into the auditorium.  When I went to see Anne-Marie at the Roundhouse in London in March that venue couldn't have done more for me as a disabled guest.

Shortly after my visit to the Roundhouse they were awarded the best venue for assistance and provision for disabled guests. Along to the left of me a deaf person was there and there was a professional musical BSL signer in front of her and the seats that would have had their view blocked by the signer the venue kept them unsold and vacant which is amazing provision. I love BSL and can have a basic conversation and when I'm feeling distressed my distraction of choice is to watch songs on YouTube being signed by BSL/SSE.

So I will find out how well this new to me venue caters for my disabilities and for other disabled guests. I can't take the same friend/carer as last time because she was horrified by a swear word being in the first song and completely switched off from the rest of the concert because of that. That friend is a Christian who only listens to Christian worship albums and never listens to secular music. I will have to find someone happy to drive that distance, driving back late in darkness and who won't hate Anne-Marie's music. Plenty of time to source a suitable person as it's not until May. It does help me emotionally through my hard days, having something in the future to look forward to. I'm a major Anne-Marie fan. General sale starts tomorrow morning, I bought mine with 02 priority. I think seats at all UK venues may well be sold out already though they may have some wheelchair spaces and their carer seats left. So standing only for general sale tomorrow possibly.

Looking forward to May!

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2018, 07:51:03 AM »

ah.. you need good old Fred Dibnah for that job..  what a legend and a true gentleman, may he rest in peace.

Fred Dibnah swept Chimneys from the top, I get dizzy standing on a stool.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
 Yesterday I was 74. Large son remembered just in Time to Phone.
 Ryan of course did and as he is prone too went OTT .
So now I have one very large green Elephant that's meant for the Garden.
 But he is so cute I bet I will keep him indoors.
Also a Large Dog , a medium sized Tortoise and a Small Elephant, All covered in pretend green grass.
He always gets things that make me laugh.  I will see if he can take photos later so you can all join in the Laughter !!
You need to give love to receive it.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
 >bighugs< I hope you had a good birthday and more happy memories.
take care
 >thumbsup<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
That sounds lovely Frances, great gifts!

I've been away for a couple of days so a belated happy birthday to you.   >cake<