Author Topic: General chat about anything you want :-)  (Read 1128 times)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: General chat about anything you want :-)
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
Oh ally, are you sure?  I also thought Monday was a bank hol.  I tried to check it on the computer automatic date thing, but it does not have bank hols on it.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 07:37:19 AM »
My (old-fashioned) paper calendar gives Bank Holiday dates - definitely one for Scotland and the Republic of Ireland on the 6th just gone, and the 27th for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.  So now you know  >biggrin<

SteveX

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
Seeing how today is international cat day, here is a picture of my little treasure in her castle.
(forgive the bad quality, I don't have a mobile phone and my digital camera is like 12 yr old hehe)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:00:47 AM by SteveX »
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
She has her own castle?? What a lucky little princess  >lol<  The picture quality is enough for me to confirm that she is, indeed, a lovely feline specimen  >blackcat<

Hey, I don't have a smartphone either - though apparently 85% of the adult population do!  Has never really tempted me, as I have a good old-fashioned mobile that just makes and receives calls and texts (and no, it's not the size of a house brick  ;-)) plus my trusty laptop and tablet.  What do I want more gadgetry for...

Now I'd love to know - who else doesn't bother with a smartphone? (damn things are the curse of the modern era when out and about, people seem so absorbed in looking at them that they often don't pay attention to where they're going  >angry<)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »
I don't own/have either a computer or laptop so please miss can I be excused for owning a smartphone? Otherwise I won't speak to you! (Because I wouldn't be able to lol)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
..please miss can I be excused for owning a smartphone?

>biggrin< yes, as long as you don't bump into other people while you're using it  ;-)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2018, 07:38:57 AM »
Given the distance I'm able to walk I think everybody's safe!   >biggergrin<

Off to see my previous unofficial foster parents today, I so rarely see them so I'm really looking forward to it. They've bought a dilapidated bungalow which they're gradually making habitable for their old age. Currently the old ancient and broken bathroom has been removed so the kitchen can be extended so I was informed yesterday that the "facilities" are currently a portaloo in the garden! That's made me hope I can get up if needed, I usually use my window ledge at home to help me and there'll be nothing like that in a portaloo. My visit to see them won't be as long as I'd like methinks! The new bathroom will be in a new place.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
Wow
just came for my nightly visit and NO ONE has posted anything since I was here last, I know its the start of the football season in England but I didn't think you were all away.

Have you been up to anything or is it just everyone has nothing special.

My Saturdays are normal, part time job cleaning and shopping - other then that just watching TV.
I hope you are all healthy

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »
It has been quiet here.

I watched the launch of the Parker probe to the Sun this morning on Breakfast TV. The launch at night is quite spectacular, but I was rather taken by a scientist's comment that a rocket was basically a bomb with a hole in the bottom.

Sort of brought it down to earth.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
There was certainly a great fuss being made about this thing on the Radio 4 news - it was the main headline yesterday and I couldn't help wondering, 'nothing else of interest happening then?'  Though it does sound like an achievement if it can get as close to the sun as we're led to believe...

As for minimal activity on the message board, I put it down to the time of year and people possibly being involved in other things - I'm sure 'traffic' will increase when summer ends!

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »
I laughed when they said a rocket was a bomb with a hole in it.  I think news is a bit slow as parliament is in recess and the politicians are meant to be back in their constituencies. Mine has been all over the local media getting photoshoots. 
Our children return to school this week so lots of Scottish parents will be so relieved.  >lol<

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
I'm sure they've had about enough of their little darlings now, Monic  ;-)

I think news is a bit slow as parliament is in recess and the politicians are meant to be back in their constituencies.

Well, here in England we had Boris Johnson causing another bit of a ruckus over his comments about women wearing niqabs/burkas (full face veils)...

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
...blimey, I thought at least one person might have had a view on Boris's antics!  Oh well, I'll get back in me box  >biggrin<

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »
Is he even worth our wasteing our energy on I ask myself !!!
You need to give love to receive it.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2018, 07:38:06 PM »
I think he's entertainment. I can't believe he's under the banner of politician.

Today I drove my car to and from London (way hey! ) to attend an independent review of the Mental Health Act 1983 an I'm pleased that something I've strongly been campaigning for during this 2018 review is in the final 4 suggestions and working out the nitty gritty of how it would work and what steps would be taken if plan A couldn't happen. It really looks likely  >x-fingers< that the nearest relative rule will be abolished and replaced by a nominated person chosen by the patient with the nominated person's consent. This would be fantastic, totally shifting power away from the government and law and into the hands of the patient/service user as to who is told what. I'm thrilled to see what I've been fighting for all year is in the final 4 things to discuss and hone down before being handed to Theresa May to be discussed and hopefully approved by parliament.