Author Topic: General chat about anything you want :-)  (Read 1481 times)

SteveX

Re: General chat about anything you want :-)
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »
I'm in a bit of a bad state right now, so please forgive the selfish moan.
I've had this cold/flu thing for four days now and it seems to be getting progressively worse, not better.  with me being asthmatic colds etc always instantly go to my chest and this is the same,  coughing my lungs up, sweating, headache, really struggling to breathe (my inhaler says the max daily use is 4.  yesterday I used it 9 times, the day before probably the same.  it's not even midday today and I've used it 3 times already and it's showing red which means its low and close to running out.)   I have no spare, I've asked several times for a spare as this summers heatwave really took it out of me, but no. 

So knowing i'm not getting any better and my inhaler is due to expire I phoned the doctors and asked for an early prescription (as I'm not due for a new one for over a week) but they said the doctor won't issue one unless I see him.

Well that sucks, but the way i'm feeling.. fine whatever.   but no, they have no appointments free today.   So refusing me medication unless I go in, but I can't go in?   This is idiotic.  >angry<
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »
Steve,

I hope you are feeling better soon.

It sounds like you need to ask you GP for a brown inhaler because you are having to use the blue inhaler more than you are supposed to.
Does you doctors surgery have a phone line people can ring at 8:30am to get a same day or next day appointment? Is there anything stopping you getting an appointment that way. I mean does it matter which GP you see as long as they can help you?

Monic,

I Googled military Tatto and got these results https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=military+tattoo&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB750GB750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6mYjzrpLdAhVkBMAKHZ_cBs0Q_AUICigB&biw=1276&bih=829

LOL  ;-)

I hope you are better rested and back in the swing of things.

Fiz,

It looks like I have a far bit to catch up on so for now well done on the decluttter and thinking about therapy maybe it is one o f those things you just try and see how it goes. I will probably start a thread about counselling and therapy soon.  >hugs<

Kizzy,

>hugs< >hugs< >hugs< so you know I am thinking about you too.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
Sunshine Meadows - bet that Tattoo is a lot quieter than the Edinburgh one.

Steve - is there no way you can go to A&E if it's any use

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »
Steve we are really lucky with our GP as we can ask them to ring us and if its urgent which does happen with Rys Fitting and other Problems they phone within half an hour.  Also they do home visits as neither of us are well enough to go to them.  We always have spare inhalers etc just in case.  Try ringing and ask if you can speak to your GP or even the Nurse. they are usually happy to help esp if it saves them a visit.
Hope you improve soon.  >hugs<
You need to give love to receive it.

SteveX

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
Thanks all, I'm feeling a bit better today which is helping and my inhaler use is down quite a bit already so I'm hoping to scrape through next week and get my normal prescription. (but it is annoying when I don't have a single spare one)
Member of POMMAS

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2018, 07:09:05 AM »
Definitely something to ask for when your appointment happens Steve.

I'm fortunate too in that the phones at my GP surgery open at 8am and anyone phoning would be offered a same day appointment to see a doctor.

Or as said before a GP will ring back. I've called 111 and had a GP visit me at home over a weekend and they've prescribed and dispensed antibiotics so 111 is always a possibility if your GP practice isn't providing adequate services.

My GP now has weekend GP surgeries held at a community hospital 20 miles away. Useful. Not. 111 is the better option though when I called them needing antibiotics I had no car and was housebound and things are different now.

Oh, I worked out how to get into my car without pain yesterday. It's not quick and I'm sure looks on but I'm sure it will make each day I use the car less painful in general now.

huhn

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »
since 10- days my cat is in the hospital. after 3 days missing we found her comatose  under the  fire wood  next to our house. now she is  better und her front paw has to be amputated. so now I can say not only me and my children have problems, even my cat is special needs. in 2 weeks said the vet we can collect her.

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »
 >bighugs< >chocolate<

Huhn,

It sounds like your cat went away to die and then when you found it it decided to live. The fact the cat is getting better says a lot about you  >hugs<

SteveX

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
aww poor little thing.  Give her lots of cuddles and love when she comes home. 
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
Steve,

How are you feeling today? I hope you health situation has improved.

:-)