Author Topic: General chat about anything you want :-)  (Read 2782 times)

SteveX

Re: General chat about anything you want :-)
« Reply #90 on: 29 Aug 2018 11:27AM »
I'm in a bit of a bad state right now, so please forgive the selfish moan.
I've had this cold/flu thing for four days now and it seems to be getting progressively worse, not better.  with me being asthmatic colds etc always instantly go to my chest and this is the same,  coughing my lungs up, sweating, headache, really struggling to breathe (my inhaler says the max daily use is 4.  yesterday I used it 9 times, the day before probably the same.  it's not even midday today and I've used it 3 times already and it's showing red which means its low and close to running out.)   I have no spare, I've asked several times for a spare as this summers heatwave really took it out of me, but no. 

So knowing i'm not getting any better and my inhaler is due to expire I phoned the doctors and asked for an early prescription (as I'm not due for a new one for over a week) but they said the doctor won't issue one unless I see him.

Well that sucks, but the way i'm feeling.. fine whatever.   but no, they have no appointments free today.   So refusing me medication unless I go in, but I can't go in?   This is idiotic.  >angry<
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #91 on: 29 Aug 2018 02:34PM »
Steve,

I hope you are feeling better soon.

It sounds like you need to ask you GP for a brown inhaler because you are having to use the blue inhaler more than you are supposed to.
Does you doctors surgery have a phone line people can ring at 8:30am to get a same day or next day appointment? Is there anything stopping you getting an appointment that way. I mean does it matter which GP you see as long as they can help you?

Monic,

I Googled military Tatto and got these results https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=military+tattoo&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB750GB750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6mYjzrpLdAhVkBMAKHZ_cBs0Q_AUICigB&biw=1276&bih=829

LOL  ;-)

I hope you are better rested and back in the swing of things.

Fiz,

It looks like I have a far bit to catch up on so for now well done on the decluttter and thinking about therapy maybe it is one o f those things you just try and see how it goes. I will probably start a thread about counselling and therapy soon.  >hugs<

Kizzy,

>hugs< >hugs< >hugs< so you know I am thinking about you too.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #92 on: 29 Aug 2018 08:04PM »
Sunshine Meadows - bet that Tattoo is a lot quieter than the Edinburgh one.

Steve - is there no way you can go to A&E if it's any use

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #93 on: 30 Aug 2018 10:56AM »
Steve we are really lucky with our GP as we can ask them to ring us and if its urgent which does happen with Rys Fitting and other Problems they phone within half an hour.  Also they do home visits as neither of us are well enough to go to them.  We always have spare inhalers etc just in case.  Try ringing and ask if you can speak to your GP or even the Nurse. they are usually happy to help esp if it saves them a visit.
Hope you improve soon.  >hugs<
You need to give love to receive it.

SteveX

« Reply #94 on: 30 Aug 2018 12:31PM »
Thanks all, I'm feeling a bit better today which is helping and my inhaler use is down quite a bit already so I'm hoping to scrape through next week and get my normal prescription. (but it is annoying when I don't have a single spare one)
Member of POMMAS

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #95 on: 31 Aug 2018 07:09AM »
Definitely something to ask for when your appointment happens Steve.

I'm fortunate too in that the phones at my GP surgery open at 8am and anyone phoning would be offered a same day appointment to see a doctor.

Or as said before a GP will ring back. I've called 111 and had a GP visit me at home over a weekend and they've prescribed and dispensed antibiotics so 111 is always a possibility if your GP practice isn't providing adequate services.

My GP now has weekend GP surgeries held at a community hospital 20 miles away. Useful. Not. 111 is the better option though when I called them needing antibiotics I had no car and was housebound and things are different now.

Oh, I worked out how to get into my car without pain yesterday. It's not quick and I'm sure looks on but I'm sure it will make each day I use the car less painful in general now.

huhn

« Reply #96 on: 04 Sep 2018 06:59PM »
since 10- days my cat is in the hospital. after 3 days missing we found her comatose  under the  fire wood  next to our house. now she is  better und her front paw has to be amputated. so now I can say not only me and my children have problems, even my cat is special needs. in 2 weeks said the vet we can collect her.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #97 on: 04 Sep 2018 07:14PM »
 >bighugs< >chocolate<

Huhn,

It sounds like your cat went away to die and then when you found it it decided to live. The fact the cat is getting better says a lot about you  >hugs<

SteveX

« Reply #98 on: 05 Sep 2018 10:54AM »
aww poor little thing.  Give her lots of cuddles and love when she comes home. 
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #99 on: 05 Sep 2018 02:07PM »
Steve,

How are you feeling today? I hope you health situation has improved.

:-)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #100 on: 23 Sep 2018 01:01PM »
I'm sure I've mentioned several times that I'm decluttering the house with the incentive of simple living and making it easy to clean. I've been working hard at clearing what has been dd's room but is being changed into a guest room worthy of guests. I've finally completed all the sorting and bagging up of a storage cupboard in the small room so that dd's things she's keeping until she gets a home of her own. Now I've also sorted and bagged up all of the rubbish from her old room and I've black bin liners filling my car boot and a couple of crates on the back seat plus a whole hallway of black bags to go too. Trouble despite 30mg morphine and the patches I am in excruciating pain so I've washed and into clean pj's and into bed. Experience tells me I will be virtually immobile for days while I recover, despite letting the bin bags fall/roll down the stairs so I've not lifted anything. I'm so done in. I ought to feel pleased or proud of what I've achieved but instead I'm in too much pain to feel that. I suspect I will feel pleased in however days it takes for the pain to recede.

Dd is here Tuesday,  then starts her very well deserved career on the 1st of October. I remember that someone we know's husband told dd that she wouldn't manage the course as nursing is a hard job. As we'd never spoken to him before, that was obviously what his nurse wife believed. Shame we're not in contact with them I would love to tell that nurse that my highly intelligent daughter has a 2:1 in BSc Paediatric nursing and every single placement she worked on during the course asked her to apply to that ward or department when she qualifies so practically she must be pretty good too! So sad that people write off autistic people just because they're autistic when the fact is, every different person with autism has different challenges than other autistic people. They're all unique. I knew my dd would make a brilliant children's nurse practically but expected her to struggle with the academic side so I am so proud of her 2:1 and it was a high 2:1 too, she got a first for 2 or 3 assignments. Sorry for waffling on about dd but I'm so proud of her.  >blushing<

Dd is just going to rent a room in a family home near her job. I hope she keeps in regular contact with me.

huhn

« Reply #101 on: 23 Sep 2018 04:13PM »
great to hear.  >thumbsup< >thumbsup< >thumbsup< >thumbsup< >thumbsup<
 I struggle in the moment with a lot of problems, I do not want to talk about it, I am also not aloud to talk about it. It is with the police involved, but I struggle that  they are not  often aware how to  deal with  handy capped people. I hope it turns  out to be solved to the best.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #102 on: 23 Sep 2018 04:26PM »
I will be thinking of you Huhn.Take care of Yourself as best you Can.
Pm me if you want to chat.
I am not always about due to caring for My Son Etc.
But will reply as soon as I can.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #103 on: 23 Sep 2018 05:54PM »
Fiz,

Well done and congratulations  >star<. I know what you mean about when you talk about days of pain following activity. Some of us are told to pace ourselves and do a bit at a time, and not matter how many times I do that it never gives me the same rewards as a big clean up or garden etc.  However these days I am less able to push forward with a BOOM KaPowee Ye Haaa Tahdaaa than I used to be.

I hope to hear more about how Dear Daughter is getting on in her new job.

Huhn,

Hugggggss  >chocolate<

Frances,

It is good to see you  :-) I hope things have improved for you and your son. Has he started playing any new games? I was playing one called Dragonage earlier in the year and got as far as the penultimate stage.

>bighugs<

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #104 on: 24 Sep 2018 10:12AM »
An update on Ry and I. Ryan first. Sadly his Fitting has got much worse though only Petie Mals They happen Daily going on one after the other for Hours' Migraines daily. Plus all the other things , I could list his illness's but it has now reached 7 different ones(Most of which I can't spell or pronounce !!!The shortage of hormones now causing oestoporosis and his teeth are crumbling. Also he has put on weight from all the Steriods (That keep him Alive) GRRR. He takes 7 different meds daily that I can think off a total of approx 30 tablets plus emergancy injections.
If he goes unconcious .
At least his brain still works so that is good, He has friends on line . But except for one local he see's no one.He still plays games on line not sure which ones I have lost touch.
Me after spending most of last year in Hossy 3 major surgeries. Removal of most of Bowel and Bladder unable to walk without Zimmer. I can now move with a walking Stick, I dropped to 50 killos now I am 70 (really need to lose some !!)
I have discovered a lot of people including (Sadly) family are fair weather friends as long as they gain they are here for you !!  Mind Liz just down the road is 84 and still goes for walk and calls in most days to check on us.
So the only people we see are a Carer Twice a week,Who is lovely collects stuff from Doctors etc, but that is a drain on my pension. Wales charge's more per hour than we pay her.Her Otherhalf does the garden hedge cutting etc,
I do manage to get out there and water it or tidy the raised bed a bit.
It's so Nice to get outside a bit.
Sorry about the rambling on !!!