Author Topic: Blue badge rules changing  (Read 154 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Blue badge rules changing
« on: July 29, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
From next year people with hidden/non visible disabilities will be allowed to have and use a blue badge. This follows Scotland and Wales who have already made these changes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44993036

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Blue badge rules changing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
That will give the Daily Mail something to moan about.

huhn

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 02:30:10 PM »
super, we have this already here, but many times people are not understanding this, but  i tell them, fgirst some people need to open the door full and normal places are to small or for people with mental problems is it  great they always  find the car and do not need to look for it,  so less stress. and many tell me thank you for explaining it, it helps to  understand it

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
I hope they decide to make more disabled spaces available.  If you're in a wheelchair, and, can't get in Or out of a normal bay, it's  going to make life so much harder, I can't use a normal bay, as I need to sit, then lift my legs into the car.  It's difficult finding any disabled bays as it is.  After the new criteria for disabled badges. It'll be a nightmare.  Its  going to cause controversy, and, problems.   It needs to be thought out properly, , And, new disabled bays need to be made available ASAP