Author Topic: disappointment  (Read 346 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
disappointment
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
Hello Oucher's

A problem I've recently had I had been collecting signature's on a petaton to stop car's parking on the pavement I was doing it for blind people + their guide dog's it was alright for 3 day's then the house leader got a phone call from her boss at the Disability Trust saying I should stop no expiation was given all I can think is some narrow minded pen pusher thought I would use the address at a later date to harass the house holder. But I think I collected 120 signature's before I was stopped  >yikes< >steam< >crying<. Everybody was happy with me + I got no complaints from the general public

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: disappointment
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »
Were you getting all your signatures - and trying to obtain more - from one single address?  That's the only reason I can think of for some official to have a problem with it...

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
What would the consequence be if you didn't stop?

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 07:53:04 PM »
I was looking at this and according to the rules its already illegal in UK to park on the pavement, I think the issue is that councils don't enforce it.  I'm not sure why you were asked to stop though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/freeing-pedestrians-from-pavement-parking-blight

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »
Were you on Disability Trust property? If so I suspect they may have a no cold calling policy to protect any vulnerable residents. Any canvasers may have to get prior permission. It would have been courteous to give an explanation.

I don't see they have any right to stop you elsewhere.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:02 PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Every postal address was different so no way was I cheating I believe in fair + straight play as I have a moral consonance + hate playing unscrupulously/cheating

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »
Hello Norrin Radd

I don't know what the consequence's would of been if I didn't stop all I know was the house manager got a phone call from one of her bosses to tell

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:34 PM »
Hello Monique 151

I was sat outside the local Co-cop + I had permission so no way was I on Disability Trust property

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 09:51:12 AM »
Hello Monique 151

Iwas sat outside the local Co-cop + I had permission so no way was I on Disability Trust property

(I think this reply might be intended for me.)

In which case I see no reason why the Disability Trust should be involved nor why you should not continue with your petition.

Its your choice of course, but I would be asking them to explain themselves.

JLR2

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 04:55:10 AM »
Just wondering, might it be the case that the trust property hasn't provided enough parking places at their property and are content to see folk visiting their property parking nearby on pavements?  It might be that they see your petition as possibly having an impact on their own failure to provide adequate parking for visitors to the trust's property.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »
Bule, just a thought. It's possible that paper petitions may now be affected by GDPR. 

When people are signing are they also signing giving you permission to keep this data (and you'd need to state the purpose you're keeping their data) and also allow you to show this data with the general public? I would think this consent may now be needed. For example if there is a sheet of paper where people write their name and address (so its clear that they are real people) as well as signing their agreement on the issue you are concerned about, can the next person who comes along see other people's names and addresses above their line on the form? If so that would not be breaking the GDPR rules protecting people's data.

As monic has said, parking on pavements is already illegal. The way forward is to ask your council to either erect signs that say it is illegal to park on pavements and the maximum penalty charge for doing so wound be ** or take other measures to prevent this illegal problem occurring. If your town council won't help you, escalate it to both your local authority and to your MP.

My local councillor has regular complaints about problem parking in his area of town but he says try as he might, the town council won't agree to fund a traffic enforcement officer (traffic warden) so basically in my town cars can park where they like! And the do! So I hope you have more joy getting your town council to fund a traffic enforcement officer who can give every vehicle parked on the pavement as they're all breaking the law.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »
Hello Fiz

Some very good news today 21/8/18 I've just talked to the Area manager of the Disability Trust + the problem has been successfully resolved + I want all oucher's to read this