Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 121 times)

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
Hello Again!
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:06:55 PM »
I realise it's been a very long time since I posted so thought I'd better say hello.

I'm still plodding along here in Cornwall with my cats.  I moved house at Christmas from a flat to a bungalow partly to escape trying neighbours - it's much quieter on the whole and it's much easier being on one level.  I think the cats prefer it as well.

Mental health wise I've had a recent blip and have been off work for a while but am hoping to return soon.  I've been seeing a private therapist for the past couple of years which has really helped me to sort things out though it's been a huge struggle financially.  My physical health too has been challenging.  My asthma has been much worse recently for no obvious reason and the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue are still there.

Generally though I'm ok I think and working on being more realistic about how much I can do.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:26:20 PM »
Hello back to you, Mabelcat - good to see you posting again!

I think the being realistic thing is something we all have to face up to at some point - accepting limitations instead of constantly fighting them to the detriment of our own health.  Hope you can find a balance that keeps you as well as you can be - and nice to know the cats are still part of your life and that you're living somewhere better  >thumbsup<

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
Hi Mablecat

good to hear from you again,  I hope your enjoying your new home and not doing too much
 >bighugs<
Monic

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
Good to be back.  I probably am still doing too much but I am trying to cut back.  I'm involved with fundraising with my local male voice choir which is actually quite fun.  I go along to their concerts and we have singing sessions in the pub which are great.

I am also in the early stages of a new relationship.....

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:29 AM »
That all sounds so positive mabel, I'm really pleased for you and it's lovely to have you back  >hugs<

Have the cats all acclimatised to your new bungalow now or are any still thinking the flat along the road is where it's at? 

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »
The cats settled in really quickly.  They seem happier here away from screaming children.