Author Topic: Fall Back - sleepy or just fatigued.  (Read 312 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Fall Back - sleepy or just fatigued.
« on: 28 Oct 2018 05:35PM »
The clocks went back last night and I am already doing the confusing maths of looking at the clock and working out what time is it.

Waking up and looking at the clock radio and seeing the usual time of 9 ish, then coming downstairs and the clock on the tv unit said 10:10 was a bit befuddling because for a long time the clock radio was analogue not DAB.

I can't decide if I just move taking pain killers a hour forward the old 9ish or to leap the hour and take them at the new (old) 9ish.

I will probably end up just sleeping more in the day.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fall Back - sleepy or just fatigued.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2018 09:22PM »
Don't get me started on what I think about the twice-yearly meddling with the time....

I can't decide if I just move taking pain killers a hour forward the old 9ish or to leap the hour and take them at the new (old) 9ish.

You could 'split the difference' and take them halfway between 'old' and 'new' time, that's what I've decided to do with my meds - ie, as I was taking them regularly at 'old' 9:45 pm, I'm now having them at 'new' 9:15 pm until my body clock adjusts (hope that doesn't befuddle you further!)

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2018 09:24PM »
I liked the extra time in bed but am extra tired today.

the depressing bit is that its dark when I go to work and dark when I come home.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2018 02:30PM »
the depressing bit is that its dark when I go to work and dark when I come home.

When I was working it was the twilight shift so I always got to see daylight when I got up and before work. I don't know how people cope with going to work in the dark morning and coming how at teatime in the dark. I think it probably has something to do with paying their bills  :-(

>bighugs<

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2018 05:14PM »
Iíve noticed Iím sleeping a little more, overall, falling asleep earlier, and not waking up too early. Iíve got some paracodol tablets, so they may be aiding the extra kip. Iím certainly not complaining. I can remember when I taught in the community that I worked six days a week some weeks, and only saw the house in daylight on a Sunday. I love working from home. All those early mornings, walking out into pitch blackness, and praying that I wouldnít have to walk  across black ice.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2018 08:44PM »
All those early mornings, walking out into pitch blackness, and praying that I wouldnít have to walk  across black ice.

I know what you mean  >yikes< ever winter I would love it when it snowed because it was somehow easier to walk on than bare pavement. Alas during the 1980s and early 1990s the snow rarely stayed for long and often went from slush to hard ice that was punishing when I fell on it.