Author Topic: NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime and other On Demand TV  (Read 64 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I am just wondering how many people here use NOW tv the pay as you go TV 'broadcaster'.

The Now TV app allows the user to see programs from the likes of Sky Atlantic and other Sky channels which means I can can watch tv shows like Greys Anatomy and The Walking Dead without committing to a Sky or Virgin Media contract.

I was in pain and having a bad day recently and being able to veg out and watch some programs I like between sleeping made my life feel less horrible.

Do any of you use Now TV and what do you watch?
I guess this thread could also be used by people who are watching the same Sky etc tv programs too  :-)
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2018 10:00AM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: NOW TV and what is on?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2018 09:59AM »
I wonder how many of you just go onto streaming services like Netflix, Now TV, Amazon Prime or the ON Demand tv services like iPlayer. For me the main advantage is I dont have to remember to record something to be able to watch it. There is a disadvantage in the way I look at the live tv schedules less and less so I miss programs I used to watch when they come back with a new series.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Re: NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime and other On Demand TV
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2018 10:30AM »
I have an Amazon Prime subscription, mainly because there where a couple of series I wanted to watch. However, I do find it quite tedious to see what else is available. Not that it can't be found, but that there is so much of it. Perhaps I need to see if there are category filters which might help.

As for on demand services I find these a bit unpredictable. The BBC puts much of its content on i-player and mostly for a month, but the other providers seem to much sparser so it is a bit of a gamble whether a program one can't see live will appear on demand later. I know its often a copyright issues, but I would like all programs to be on demand for a month at least.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2018 11:21AM »
I use the 'catch-up' services now and again when I've forgotten to record something or want to save space on the HDD recorder:  only thing is, when watching the commercial channels 'on demand', you can't fast forward through the adverts, just like on live TV!  Still, suppose it's fair enough as advertising pays for the channel in the first place, even if it is a bit of an annoyance  >erm<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2018 01:54PM »
Oldtone.

I get Amazon TV 'free' because I subscribe to Amazon Prime for the fast free deliveries. I get what you are saying about navigating what is on, they seem to have changed how it looks giving pushing the the TV and Films can be bought or rented. I do like the fact I can by a digital version of a film and it is stored by Amazon so there is no need for me to have a dvd and therefore no dvd for my dog to play with and wreck  >erm<

I agree that the On Demand content from the likes of the BBC should be up and available for more than a month.

Kizzy,

OMG yes it is like I have been forced to time travel back to the 1980s only it is not even possible to flick to another channel whilst the adverts are on. Maybe we are grumble bums in that the tv shows have to be paid for somehow.