Author Topic: Is the public safe with Cameron at large?  (Read 7301 times)

Offworld

• Charter Member
Is the public safe with Cameron at large?
« on: 24 Nov 2011 03:04PM »
Cameron continues the attack by "lord" Freud a few days ago.....

I will end the sicknote culture that acts as 'conveyor belt to a life on benefits', says Cameron
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065491/David-Cameron-I-end-sicknote-culture-acts-conveyor-belt-life-benefits.html

The PM has by now become so hysterical, perhaps he'd best go off sick before he gets
another urge to murder lots more people abroad and loot their country?

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Is the public safe with Cameron at large?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2011 05:57PM »
My letter to my MP about this - not that it is worth it, as he is now ignoring all correspondance from me!

Dear Conor Burns,

Yes, I'm afraid it is me again! I'm sure you wish that I would just shut up and go away, but I am a constituent, a life-long tory voter, and I intend to make my voice heard.

I am writing to voice my extreme alarm about the latest plans to make life more difficult for the sick and disabled by putting long-term sickness certificates into the hands of 'independant' contractors rather than the person's GP. It seems crazy that GPs are thought capable of holding budgets worth millions of pounds, but not capable of judging whether someone is sick.

The governement's own statistics estimate that Invalidity Benefit, now replaced by ESA, accounts for one of the lowest rates of fraud of all benefits. This figure currently stands at less than 0.5%, so I don't know where Mr Cameron came up with his 'one in five' claimants who are not genuine. Of course, even 0.5% percent fraud is too high, but I think we have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. If this is truly a measure to prevent fraud, it is likely that it is going to cost more to administer than it saves. However, I suspect that it is just another cost-cutting move, aimed at the most vulnerable in society.

Please tell me that ATOS doesn't come into this equation anywhere! This organisation, and its parent 'Unum', already has a very bad reputation and is viewed with fear and loathing by many genuinely disabled people. Using people who are not experts in a condition to make decisions and prognoses about someone's ability to work is not safe - we already have a situation where someone such as a midwife can over-rule the opinion of a highly qualified  cardiac consultant, for instance, which would be laughable if it did not have such potentially serious consequences. How many more people have to die, having been found 'fit to work', before someone sees sense?

Coming, as it does, on top of the proposed changes to ESA and DLA, this move takes another step towards marginalising disabled people. At the moment the 'man in the street' is happy because he believes the stories he has been fed about high levels of fraud etc. That feeling will change when he realises that this will not just effect others but also people he knows and loves - as it is bound to do as, contrary to popular opinion, the majority of claimants are genuine and decent people. Surely Mr Cameron cares about alienating millions of voters, even if he doesn't care for the persons themselves?

There are plenty of places where money can be saved, or gained, such as not starting expensive foreign wars, or not letting multinational corporations off paying £millions of tax. Here's a radical idea - we could even start looking after the sick, disabled and poor in our own country rather than sending huge amounts of money abroad in foreign aid!

I sincerely hope that sense, and humanity, will prevail and these proposed changes will be consigned to the dustbin, where they belong.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2011 06:11PM »
>thumbsup<
Be pretty difficult to find any decent person
who wouldn't agree with most -- or all -- of your letter!

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2011 07:20PM »
Further proof that the PM and reality have practically nothing in common......
Take your children to work when schools are closed by teaching strikes, says Cameron
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065215/Take-children-work-public-sector-strikes-close-schools-says-Cameron.html

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2011 10:24PM »
According to the theory of the multiverse anything you can imagine is  reality in one of the multiverses I think I must have accidentally fallen into one shaped by my worst nightmare.

And I would very much like to return to my own reality and sanity now please.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2011 01:06PM »
http://capitalism-creates-poverty.blogspot.com/2011/10/tories-and-sociopaths.html

The profile of a sociopath is too complex to describe here but if you can take time to examine this definition, reflect on the qualities of the people in power I have mentioned, including David Cameron, and see for yourself if you think they fit the profile. Here are some rules to help you deal with sociopaths when you meet them, because you undoubtedly will.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

"Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them."

"Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily."

http://www.anorak.co.uk/289733/politicians/david-camerons-criminal-past-never-did-him-any-harm-london-rioters-may-yet-lead-the-nation.html/

"Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed."

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.

Glibness and Superficial Charm.

Pathological Lying.

« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2011 01:14PM by Dark_Divinity »
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2011 01:19PM »
That sounds like the job description for a politician, DD  :-(

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2011 07:12PM »
I just think this government is the most honestly named one we have had in generations - The Condem everyone to a hellish existence unless your a multimillionaire. >steam<

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2011 07:54PM »
David Owen has written a book about the physical and mental health of political leaders of the last century I wonder what he makes of David Cameron. The book's title is In Sickness and in Power: Illness in Heads of Governments During the last 100 years .

Hope they get it in the local library someday as I certainly can't afford to buy it.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2011 09:52PM »
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed."

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.

Glibness and Superficial Charm.

Pathological Lying.

Sounds like my ex-Mr Sherbs, oops off topic, sorry  >whistle<

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2011 04:02AM »
... sounds like the job description for a politician ...

Quite so; but a mistake ought not to be made, of assuming it (or they)
would be unique to any particular chunk of the political range....
Much would tend to be determined by where their strong sense of
opportunism had taken them earlier on, and whether they had
subsequently been able to re-locate if doing so appeared to be
of greater potential advantage (to themselves).

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2011 11:26AM »
Offworld, I deliberately didn't associate this with any political hue, mainly for the reasons you have given.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2011 02:21PM »
Offworld, I deliberately didn't associate this with any political hue,
mainly for the reasons you have given.
I know. It was a poorly worded agreement, not criticism.
I should have been more clear -- was really trying to make a point that many
of the public/electorate tend to associate such traits with politicals who operate
under a label different to that which they support, whatever that may be.
Thus miss fully identifying problems like for example Tony Blair or "lord" Freud
till it's too late (though Freud's maybe more a symptom of like promoting like).

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2011 04:19PM »
Yes, Offworld, there are many people who think that only people with opposing political views can be 'bad' ...

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: 28 Nov 2011 03:02AM »
Cuts because there's no more money left (according to Cameron, Osborne etc.)

Right ... so in the wake of umpteen subsidies to the Bankers, a nicely laundered prezzie for Richard Branson, equipping the air wing of the US Marine Corps, and starting a war.......
to help Africa cope with climate change:
As UK faces economic meltdown, ministers hand over £330m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066878/Huhne-pledge-1billion-British-taxpayers-money-help-AFRICA-fight-climate-change.html
Plus lots more splash-outs as well.
 >angry<    So there couldn't have been a shortage of money.