Forum > How to use the Message Board

How do you do 'quote boxes'?

(1/2) > >>

Yvette:
I have looked but can't find any information on 'how to' make quote boxes.

I would be so grateful to any kind soul who can explain this please.

seegee:

--- Quote from: Yvette on August 05, 2012, 06:54:55 PM ---I have looked but can't find any information on 'how to' make quote boxes.

I would be so grateful to any kind soul who can explain this please.

--- End quote ---
I clicked on the "quote" thing at the top right-hand side of your post - I hope that has just replicated what you wrote, then I have written after it.

Gravity:
If you want to quote from elsewhere, you can use the following and remove the spaces I will put in:

[ quote ]insert text you want to include here[ /quote ]

Looks like:

--- Quote ---insert text you want to include here
--- End quote ---

Sunshine Meadows:
I rarely quote the whole of what a person has said so this is what I usually do.

> I press and hold the left button on my mouse and scroll over the text I wish to copy - to highlight it.
> Click the right mouse button and choose copy.
> Move to the edit box where I am writing my reply and click on the speech bubble icon in the toolbar - the one to the right of #.

> This adds [ quote ][ /quote ] to the text and the mouse cursor will be located in the middle eg where the :-) is here [ quote ] :-)[ /quote ]
> This means all I have to do to add the copied text is right click on my mouse and click paste.

>
--- Quote --- right click on my mouse and click paste.
--- End quote ---

If you get stuck let me know.
:-)

Hurtyback:

--- Quote ---I press and hold the left button on my mouse and scroll over the text I wish to copy - to highlight it.
> Click the right mouse button and choose copy.
> Move to the edit box where I am writing my reply and click on the speech bubble icon in the toolbar - the one to the right of #.

> This adds [ quote ][ /quote ] to the text and the mouse cursor will be located in the middle eg where the is here [ quote ] [ /quote ]
> This means all I have to do to add the copied text is right click on my mouse and click paste.

--- End quote ---

Ah! I have never done it this way before, I have aways clicked on 'quote' and deleted what I didn't want. Thank you  >thumbsup<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version