Author Topic: Too long away  (Read 8103 times)

Rosie

• Charter Member
Too long away
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
No longer where to post.

Not even sure if I am here as am on a loan computer and no idea of password or anything.

Been chucked off another forum because I queried why I had to keep logging on and they said it was because my IP was blacklisted because of the Country where I live.

Sod it.  I AM WHO I AM AND I LIVE WHERE I AM AND NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE THAT.

Guess by saying that I will be banned from here as well.

Sh!t happens.
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

Rosie

• Charter Member
Re: Too long away
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
I guess that if nobody answers then I am not wanted here either.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Rosie the First, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be wanted here >hugs<

suessad

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »
Hi Rosie. Good to see you back with us.   >hugs<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
Rosie the First, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be wanted here >hugs<

It seems that my IP is blacklisted by various websites because of where I live, one these is an off-shoot from a long-closed BBC board where people had known me for many years. 

First they said it was my computer.  Only I am not using my computer at the moment but a loan one with a totally clean install of everything.

Nah - what's the point. 

I am not wanted anywhere.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
Rose, please at least stay until you can discuss any IP problems with a moderator or the administrator. Being banned from the other forum must have been horrible for you,  but please try not to assume that it will automatically happen everywhere. >hugs<

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Alright Rosie.

stalwart

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »
Rosie, lovely to see you're back.   Of course you are wanted here >bighugs<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
I'm old.  I'm sick.  I'm tired.  And I don't seem to be wanted anywhere any more.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
Hi Rosie - as another who has been banned from a board before, I really feel your distress, but want to reassure you that there are no problems at all with your account here - and do keep posting, we're here for you  >thumbsup<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
I was not banned - my IP was banned.  First they said it was my computer so I kept having to change my password every time I signed in, even though I had ticked the Remember Me.  Then I got a message that my computer had blocked them.

And I am now currently using a loan computer while mine is being upgraded and having so much more stuff - capability, memory etc ad infinitum, so the Firefox I am using on this computer is a clean install, so it can NOT be this computer.  And if it is, as they say, that my IP has been blacklisted, why do they keep telling me it is my computer? 

If my IP was blocked they would not be able to answer me - I would not have been able to query the problem in the first place.

OK.  I am Rosie.  Registered here as Rosie The First.

Originally registered on the BBC Ouch board early in 2005, re-registered when things were changed from the Howard Two  to the DNA systen in Oct 2005. 

I messed up my re-registration and re-joined the BBC boards as rosiella on 14 January 2006.

A lot of you know me.  Both as rosiella and now as Rosie The First.

I am me.  Rosie.  Whatever name. 

And at the moment I am sick and I am frightened and I am scared that OuchToo will go the way of too many other fora and blacklist my IP because of where I live.

JLR

• Gardening Leave
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »
Rosie, might there be a chance someone's hacked into your computer and is hoping to con you into paying some sort of fee to rid you of this problem with your computer's IP system?  I've had calls in the past from guys in Asia telling me that they have detected my computer's slow performance and want to help me sort this out, alleged that is Rosie, by the guy phoning. What they are about is, with your help, gaining remote access to your computer. Once they get this access they will search for all info that will allow them to either empty your bank account or using the info make fraudulent purchases in your name.

Those more experienced than me on the ways of the internet and computers might have a better idea than me but I thought I'd mention what I have just in case.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
I think it's common for forum servers to have glitches and problems. Another I post on a lot has them regularly. Moderators and admins can usually over ride the system by adding people manually when the automated system fails, but that is because they are very technical and can do this themselves rather than needing to contact the board hosts. People who have set up a forum with no technical ability who use a board host may not have the necessary know how, and they may not have the relationship with the board hosts to be able to contact them and find out how to solve the problem. This may not be personal Rosie, though I realise it must feel like it, but may be lack of their technical expertise.  >hugs<

I may not post on this thread again as I 'feel' your anger and I don't cope around anger well. But I am thinking of you.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
A good point made there, Fiz - Rosie, again I can only assure you that no actions will be taken by OuchToo moderators/admin (that's me, Monic1511 and SunshineMeadows) to block your IP or your particular computer or anything else.  Unless you spectacularly break our House Rules, of course  ;-) It doesn't matter one iota where you live - we have members from other countries (and continents) besides the UK and their account status is exactly the same as for UK members.

Have you tried to contact the administrator of this other forum by e-mail to explain what's happened and any error messages you are getting when you've tried to access that board? It might well be a technical fault that can be remedied, though you may have to be patient!

SunshineMeadows (on Sabbactical)

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »
Rosie,

I know you are upset but hope that you can see as you are able to post in Ouch Too you are not banned.

Are you saying that when you visit Ouch Too you are getting a message saying your ip is blocked or is it happening on another website?

I can probably help you but you need to calm down.

Who said you computer was the problem?

When it comes to IP addresses they are set by your internet service provide eg Virgin Media and not your computer.
What country are you posting from?