Author Topic: Hello friends  (Read 1732 times)

SteveX

Hello friends
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've not been here for a while, I just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Last time I was here I was suicidal and I had been stockpiling painkillers as I planned on exiting this cruel and mean world.
My doctor seems to have a 6th sense and almost knew my plans, I don't want to go into too much detail but he visited me when I was at my lowest and he seemed to know my intentions.  I have been put on extra medication right now and my doctor was actually in contact with the man at the job center, I do not know what was said but I was phoned and told I am been given a few months to 'sort myself out' before any of his planned activities are enforced.

I don't feel as bad as I did, I'm not wanting to do myself in right now but seeing the news every day and the hatred and pure contempt the government and 'joe public' have for me and my kin, I do in some way think it would have been better if my doctor hadn't visited me that evening.

I hope you are all well, I know most if not all of you have always been very kind and thoughtful to me, I love you all and hope you are all well.

I hope to get back to visiting more but these days I rarely turn my pc on from one day to the next.

love

Steve
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Re: Hello friends
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
Hi Steve

Thanks for popping in to let us know how things are.    >bighugs<

I agree its easier sometimes to just avoid the news & I hope your doctor is able to get you as much support as you need

take care
Monic

JLRRAC

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »
Hello Steve, good to be hearing from you again. I know I have felt as you have been feeling and for me I doubt I'd need to stock pile my medications I get enough of them in a single prescription to do the job but between the many folk who I would be scarring (mentally) if I were to go that far and the way the government are hailing these "suspect" figures of 900,00 dropping their ESA claims without undergoing a face to face assessment I'm just more determined to stay my hand before adding to the 900 thou.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »
Hi Steve do remember this is your home in cyberland and we are your virtual family so please keep in touch and let us know how you are.  >bighugs<
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Really pleased to hear from you Steve  >hugs<
Your GP sounds understanding and hope you feel able to continue with his support and all the good wishes from your friends here on Ouchtoo.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »
Hi Steve, great to read you again - sorry to hear you've been so low, but it won't always be like that (even if it feels and seems like it will be) so do hang in there and just post when you're up to it - we're not going anywhere! 

Those who hold the likes of us in 'hatred and contempt' - well, that says more about them than it does about us, and they're certainly not worth you throwing in the towel over.  Think to yourself if you can, you'll jolly well stick around out of sheer defiance and sod the lot of them .. and anyway, I still believe most of the people in this funny old world of ours are basically good; you need to tune out those who are ...let's say, misguided about disability and the benefits system because of the drip-drip propaganda by the tabloid media.  'This too shall pass' - take care of yourself, Steve.

bubble

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
Hi Steve nice  hearing from you. I took a break too as reading the stories got too much for me at one time, but the people here are friends and understand so it was just a break then I came back.

In some ways the I feel the tide is turning as more and more people can see what the gov is doing to sick and disabled, and anyone on benefits. More people seem to be talking of how its morally wrong to hit the vulnerable.

As for all in it together (as gov say) well pull the other one, we know what you are doing.

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
Steve,

Good to see you back and letting us know you are still around - it is a relief to know someone was their for you and came to your house.

I know it is hard and there is a lot to be ad and upset about, but here at least we do see people posting good news eg like JLR getting put in the Support Group. Yvette's cat getting over her illness and me and the adventures in my new motability car.

Dic

Hi Steve do remember this is your home in cyberland and we are your virtual family so please keep in touch and let us know how you are.  >bighugs<

>thumbsup<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:25:14 AM »
 >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Steve, it's great to know you're still around. Please take care of yourself, and keep in touch. >bighugs<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »
It's good to see you back, Steve.  >bighugs<

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
always nice when old friends drop by ... i know sometimes I find it incredibly hard to write here ... but am always glad when I did.
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
We were wondering how you were doing, so I am pleased that you had enough energy to get back in touch with us.  We seem to have developed as one rather large family on here so do remember that you are part of that now.   >hugs<

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
Hi Steve. Hope things are improving.

Yvette

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:25 PM »
I'm delighted to see you again.  >biggrin<

I try to remember (some days less successfully than others) that when the news seems to be at its most awful, it is my depression which is making it *feel* worse.

Please don't think I am minimizing the changes as they are truly diabolical - but when I am less depressed I am better able to deal with it all.

Please keep keep going - we would all miss you as you are part of this lovely family on this board.    >hugs<