Author Topic: IDS in 'explosive' radio interview  (Read 299 times)

sickandtired

• Gold Member
IDS in 'explosive' radio interview
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1223720-iain-duncan-smith-s-explosive-row-with-james-o-brien#t=3m22s

Haven't heard it myself, though - I find listening to IDS brings on morning sickness (and I'm not even pregnant).

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: IDS in 'explosive' radio interview
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »
I'm sorry, I couldn't get more than half way through.  I was close to throwing something at my computer speakers or screaming.  I object to being screwed over by smug, rich politicians, but I object more when they're gormless.

When I say gormless, it's not a question of how much intelligence he does or doesn't have, it's a question of whether he uses it.  Without wishing to sound patronising, I seem to recall someone on BBC Ouch with learning difficulties/low intelligence (I assume below 70?) whom I would trust far more to run the benefits system because she actually used what intelligence she had, unlike IDS.

What really hacks me off about him, though, is that I think he actually set out to reform the benefits system with good intentions. 

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and the sooner he gets there the better.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
I think he'll be used as a scapegoat by the government (in fact, I think he already is) and then discarded when he's of no more use to them.  But what will we get when he's gone?  Heaven help us!

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »
Probably right David Cameron and George Osborne are most likely as contemptuous of IDS as they are of us.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »
More from James O'Brien (the man who was interviewing IDS) - this is just himself talking about some London boroughs moving people out to other parts of the country (where there happen to be fewer jobs available than in London, they know no-one...).

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1041526-the-deportation-of-the-poor-james-o-brien-s-shocking-monologue-on-london-councils-housing-policy#t=6m31s