Author Topic: Weather Watchers  (Read 39712 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather Watchers
« Reply #390 on: 05 Dec 2013 04:30PM »
Sound almost poetic.

It does, doesn't it, I can almost hear those bins rattling and clanking now  >biggrin<

Said wind has a rather nasty nip in it too, but it is winter now, so has to be expected > shiver <

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #391 on: 05 Dec 2013 04:57PM »
More rumbling than clanking I'm afraid; plastic wheelie-bins don't have the same weight when empty (but at least they don't terrify all the neighbourhood's dogs & cats). 
I saw one of the neighbours putting some upright & replacing them; he must have found a few bricks to keep them from falling down again.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #392 on: 05 Dec 2013 06:06PM »
This morning the wind blew my green recycling bin out onto the pavement.  When I went out later to bring it in someone had nicked it!

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #393 on: 05 Dec 2013 07:36PM »
Oh blimey Auntie, mine got stolen once, cant understand why anyone would want to steal a green wheelie bin!!.

Pretty gusty wind here, not a patch on the east coast tho.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #394 on: 05 Dec 2013 08:42PM »
It wasn't the wheelie bin but a big stacking plastic tub thing that you are supposed to put the recycling in.  They gave us a blue one and a green one, each for different stuff on alternate weeks.  The blue one disappeared a few years ago.  I suppose that I will have to ask the Council for another bin.  I hope that they do not charge for them.

Mind you, more often than not I take the recycling to the dump myself as I can get rid of all the different types at the same time.  And that gives me a good feeling.