Author Topic: Nurse banned from working anywhere except ATOS  (Read 292 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Nurse banned from working anywhere except ATOS
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
You really could not make this up:-

http://www.nmc-uk.org/Documents/FTPOutcomes/COP2013/COP%20%20O%27Donohoe%20ICIO%20Review_35751_%2020130704.pdf

The panel considered whether the current conditions of practice order would provide the
necessary level of protection and concluded that there having been no material change
in the circumstances of the case an interim conditions of practice order remains the
appropriate, necessary and proportionate response in this matter. The panel was of the
view that the public would remain suitably protected by the continuation of the following
conditions;
1. You shall only work as a registered nurse for Atos Healthcare;
2. You shall use your best endeavours to provide a report to the NMC from your line
manager, prior to the next review of this order, which comments on your conduct and
performance as a registered nurse;
3. You shall use your best endeavours to provide a report to the NMC from
Occupational Health or your GP prior to the next review of this order which comments
on your engagement and compliance with any management of your ongoing health care
needs;
4. You shall inform any employer or potential employer whether for paid or unpaid
nursing work of the conditions imposed in this order.

Yvette

• Charter Member
Re: Nurse banned from working anywhere except ATOS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
When I have my medical, I am taking in a dictaphone hidden in my bag if they refuse to record it themselves.

bubble

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »
My son did that with mine, Yvette, we never told them, as it was for our own use.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »
Lankou,

I think the main point of the document you linked to is whether or not the woman is fit to work and so the reason for her only being allowed to work for ATOs is probably related to that. ATOs and the NMC The Nursing and Midwifery Council need to keep monitoring her health and whether or not she can remain registered with the NMC.

If she was working more hours than ATOs and NMC knew about the would not be able to be aware for example that the woman was risking her health eg stress by working too much. Also if she displayed signs of illness when doing other work ATOs and NMC would have no clear way of knowing.

devine63

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:02:46 PM »
Hi

I suspect that this is essentially a fitness to practice issue, she needs to be FtP to work in any clinical setting, but ATOS is not a clinical setting, so there is unlikely to be any FtP requirement - the knowledge of a nurse is needed, but not necessarily the active clinical skills.  They don't say what condition she has (no need, it's not relevant and is confidential) but do say it is likely to recur and no one can predict how severe ...

regards, Deb
regards, Deb

[devine63]