Author Topic: Andy Murray meets Croatian wheelchair tennis players.  (Read 855 times)

AccessOfficer

Andy Murray meets Croatian wheelchair tennis players.
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »
"It`s now only a day to the start of the Davis Cup match in Umag where Croatia will play host to Great Britain in the World Group play-off.

We visited Umag to introduce Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray to Croatian wheelchair tennis players Ninoslav Krsnik and Antonio Arambašić and their coach Mate Novak.

Ninoslav, who is a member of the Croatian wheelchair tennis team, told us that Andy is one of his idols."

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/andy-murray-meets-croatian-wheelchair-tennis-players

Best wishes and good luck to the team.
AO

Yvette

Re: Andy Murray meets Croatian wheelchair tennis players.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
Ditto

starsmurf

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Ditto

>yikes< Oh no, Yvette!  Now they're sunk!  >lol<

For those of you who don't know, each player Yvette picked to win Wimbledon got knocked out.  She'd said she didn't think Andy Murray would win.  At the point that she started saying maybe he could do it, I forbade her to do so, so she didn't jinx him.  She kindly complied and we got the first Wimbledon Men's Champion in 77 years  >biggrin<

I hope'll you'll be predicting every other player to win next year Yvette? ;-)
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.

Yvette

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
I wouldn't dare to make any predictions ever again!   >yikes<  >lol<   >lol<

starsmurf

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
Oh no!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24079915

I'm worried that your curse has struck again!  >yikes< >lol<
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.