Author Topic: Weather  (Read 59363 times)

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
I had fun yesterday with the thunder & lightening. At one time the storm was overhead & the lightening & thunder where simultaneous. It doesn't help having a heightened startle reflex during a thunderstorm. The thunder was making me really jump.

>biggrin<

Are rats not bothered by thunder?  Seems to upset most dogs & many cats (as well as quite a lot of humans) but many smaller animals don't care.

>Darkcloudraining< :-(  >crying< to soggy clothes, auntie - not at all comfortable.   >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
Sounds thoroughly uncomfortable auntie!!

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2014, 10:01:21 PM »
The VI group had a rain free match. It was muggy to start but as the afternoon progressed a pleasant breeze arose. A fine afternoon except we lost.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
It's been very humid all day, with the threat of rain but none has materialised yet. Hoping for a storm free night.

leg_iron

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
Rats don't seem to be phased by thunder or fireworks.

leg_iron

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:32 AM »
I had a friend who was shooting at an archery tournament on Saturday. She said it was really quite miserable. If if rains you put your waterproofs & carry on shooting. She said that her waterproofs weren't as waterproof as they used to be. The only time archery competitions is when there is thunder & lightening or when the visibility is really poor.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
22 degrees today with no breeze. Not a day to be running a temperature  :-(

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
22C here also, but at least we do have a breeze so its quite pleasant out of direct sunlight. :-)

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
Really hot this afternoon, 28C. This morning there was a cool breeze, but now its warm and sticky. There is some light cloud, but that's not helping, if anything it is keeping the heat in.  >crying< < thats sweat not tears.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
Its steaming here in the low 30s.
Far to hot for comfort.
I have never had a long haired Chihuahua's coat cut but I am considering it she is just so hot. Bless Her.
You need to give love to receive it.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
The low 30s??  I thought the high 20s were uncomfortable enough... is that inside or outside?

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
Outside is even hotter Tigs. Its unbearable I haven't got the energy to take the thermometer outside to check. 
Dixie doesn't know what to do with herself.
You need to give love to receive it.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
And I was feeling hard-done by at 27C indoors...

What annoys me is hearing forecasters gleefully announce 'more fine weather to look forward to' and similar phrases - do they all live in air-conditioned houses?  >steam< 

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »
What annoys me is hearing forecasters gleefully announce 'more fine weather to look forward to' and similar phrases - do they all live in air-conditioned houses?  >steam<

'Temperatures enjoyed by ...' is also an especially annoying phrase. There's nothing enjoyable about this heat!

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
And I was feeling hard-done by at 27C indoors...

Probably not, but they are at work all day, probably in air-conditioned offices & by the time they get home it's cooled a bit. 

Meanwhile I stayed in because it was too hot to collect my prescription this afternoon, so will have to get up early to catch the pharmacy as soon as they open. >zzz<