Author Topic: Weather  (Read 57708 times)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »
Rain just started as I was posting the above...

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
Nice outdoor pool pic posted by Dark_Divinity earlier, though if you looked at the water jets long enough you might want to visit the loo  >biggrin<

Last day of the heatwave tomorrow at least for us in the West, we get a positively chilly 21C on Sunday - yippee!!

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
As Hurty says. The temperature has dropped to 21C and we have some rumbles of thunder to accompany the rain. Doesn't feel fresher yet. Hopefully soon. Smells nice though.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »
Still 24oC here.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
Hot and sticky here but nice on the beach and the water temperature is nudging 20 deg which is practically a record for here.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2014, 09:37:40 PM »
was over 30oC today  >yikes<

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
I expect I'm not alone in looking forward to the promised cool-down that should be with (most of us?) tomorrow.. tired of having had to adjust my normal routine purely because of the heat.  Just not having to live in semi-gloom (curtains drawn against blazing sun) from early afternoon until sunset will be nice - plus feeling cleaner!  Sod the heat, give me the other extreme any time, at least you can keep adding layers and whacking up the CH thermostat.  When excessively hot, once you're down to your skin that's it.  I have felt very trapped by it and I'm sure a lot of you have felt the same!  Gosh, that's a long ranty post for me  ;-)

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »
I expect I'm not alone in looking forward to the promised cool-down that should be with (most of us?) tomorrow.. tired of having had to adjust my normal routine purely because of the heat.  Just not having to live in semi-gloom (curtains drawn against blazing sun) from early afternoon until sunset will be nice - plus feeling cleaner!  Sod the heat, give me the other extreme any time, at least you can keep adding layers and whacking up the CH thermostat.  When excessively hot, once you're down to your skin that's it.  I have felt very trapped by it and I'm sure a lot of you have felt the same!  Gosh, that's a long ranty post for me  ;-)

I whole-heartedly agree the heat is very oppressive and I can't wait for the end of Summer for cool weather of a more Autumnal and mild Wintery nature.

At least then you are more in control of what tempurature you want to be.

Three rabbit in a paddling pool cooling off.
With the sunlight sparkling in the softly moving crystal blue water.   >biggergrin<

I wish I was one of those little bunnykins, looks soo nice.   >erm<

July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
I expect I'm not alone in looking forward to the promised cool-down that should be with (most of us?) tomorrow..

You'll be glad to hear that the cooler weather has arrived here, so hopefully it will spread eastwards over the next 12-24 hours  >x-fingers<

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #324 on: July 26, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »
It's been sweltering here today and I'm thankful that it's cooling down this evening.  Rather annoyingly I've got cold feet and had to sit with a blanket over them  >erm<  me and my unruly temperature regulation  >biggrin<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »
Certainly cooler here this morning at 20C. It is slightly overcast but still feels a little muggy despite a light breeze.

I agree the cold weather is easier to cope with, but perhaps not so good for those folk who cannot afford to wind their heat up.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »
Nearly everyone has access to a couple of extra layers of clothes that can be used if they are too cold (no reason you can't wear a coat indoors) even if they can't turn the heating up, but taking that last layer off doesn't make you any cooler & will get you arrested if you are outdoors. 
That layer of clothing is what stops you getting UV damage as well, usually more effective than a bottle of sunscreen.  The dermatology clinic walls have many posters with *cover up* messages (though I wonder if those posters would be better aimed at people who don't already have skin problems - they should be on outdoor billboards, in buses, etc.).  Skin cancer kills if not caught & treated early.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »
For me as temperature rises more Acetylcholinesterase the enzyme that breaks down Acetylcholine is produced than Mestinon can control so my symptoms are made far  worse.

IE  AChE = spoons, an increase in  Acetylcholinesterase = less AChE = less spoons and also MG gets worse.  :-(

Conversly the cooler it is the better I feel.  >biggrin<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
16 degrees and lashing out of the heavens. Yay! The N. Irish summer is here at last!

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:09 PM »
It is cloudy here today and there seems to be a bit of a breeze - but it was still 27C when we were out earlier!

Dic  >hugs<  I remember you saying previously that hot weather makes your MG symptoms much worse  :-(