Author Topic: Weather  (Read 59364 times)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #465 on: July 01, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
Yvette, Dic and anyone else suffering from the heat  >hugs< >snowball< >Cloudandsnow<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #466 on: July 01, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
It an odd day. This morning started clear then some cloud came up so the temperature wasn't too bad when I went into town.

About midday the cloud lifted and the temperature rose to 27C. Now a little cloud has returned and a breeze has got up so the temperature has dropped slightly to 25C.

I guess this is the benefit of being near the coast. The cheers for sea breezes.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #467 on: July 01, 2015, 01:27:02 PM »
It's very hot here in sunny Sussex.  Fortunately I have a lot of trees in the garden which offer shade, and there's a slight breeze blowing.  We had a sudden rain shower earlier and I had to close all the roof hatches.  Now I've got them open again and the airflow is a bit better.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
It was grey here for much of the morning and much cooler than yesterday. Became humid and then had some rain after lunch. The cloud has cleared and it's warming up again now.

Yvette

« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »
The workman who does my DIY put the shade sail up for me this afternoon, which made my sitting room much cooler.

It makes a huge difference, and also means I can sit outside without getting burned to a crisp, because my back garden is a real suntrap.

I used it last year and found it very good.

http://www.primrose.co.uk/-p-63047.html?adtype=pla_with_promotion&kwd=&showPLA=true&gclid=CLPO6tyOvcYCFeHMtAoduVkAyg

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #470 on: July 16, 2015, 08:10:56 PM »
It seems very hot and humid this evening.  There is no breeze at all and I'm feeling horribly sticky. Yuk!

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #471 on: July 16, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »
Yes, I have found the past few days very humid and unpleasant  >hugs< 

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2015, 11:18:22 PM »
Humid but cold.

Flanders and Swan song about the weather includes:

"In July the sun is hot.  Is it shining, no its not."

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »
I wouldn't mind the warm but it's a wee bit chilly & the rain is bouncing off the roof, bad news is it is to be like this for days  :-(

Yvette

« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
Yes, I have found the past few days very humid and unpleasant  >hugs< 

Same here.   :-(

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #475 on: July 17, 2015, 09:19:02 AM »
I wouldn't mind the warm but it's a wee bit chilly & the rain is bouncing off the roof, bad news is it is to be like this for days  :-(

It's been like that here, too. I needed a hot water bottle last night!

>hugs< to those who are unpleasantly warm.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #476 on: July 17, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »
Its cloudy warm here, but not too muggy as there is a stiff breeze which whilst not cooling isn't unpleasantly warm either.

Sun is trying to break through although cloud heavy enough to threaten showers also. Perhaps we'll have both!

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Rain, rain, and more rain - hasn't stopped all day.  Good for the gardens though, and has brought the temperature down considerably - I will be taking a hot water bottle to bed!

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2015, 01:00:47 AM »
It's rained here all day too with a few claps of thunder for good measure.
It's a bit annoying as our marina landlords are installing a new path for us running along the canal and adjacent to the boats. When its finished access will be much improved however they can't work with the diggers in the rain.  They tried this morning but had to give up just when they reached our garden so we've got a half dug muddy mess for the weekend and with more rain forecast it will just be fun getting in and out over the next few days.  Fingers crossed the path will be finished in a week or so and we can start to tidy up the garden at long last.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »
Hooray for the new path!