Resources > How to use the Message Board

Curve Minimal Multicolor Theme - the one with the plain logo

(1/4) > >>

Sunshine Meadows:
Those of you who preferred not to or could not use the new colourful logo were give the choice of changing the them they use to Curve Minimal Multicolor which has the old logo on it.

One of the members using that theme would find things easier if the icons I recently added were not used on that theme, therefore I am going to try to do this.

The heads up is for anyone who wants to use the old logo but wants the icons to remain on the theme they use, you need to let me know if I need to add a fix for you after I make this fix.

:-)

Sunshine Meadows:
Some people might ask why I did not forsee the need for a fix and set it up before adding the icons, in effect do what sites like BBC Ouch did. The thing is doing it this way means I get feedback as I go.

There is a way to 'take the icons out of the Minimal Theme it is going to involve me Uploading a plain icon image for every icon shown in default mode and then giving each a name of a icon in default.

The software will mean the conversation with the server goes.

In default mode > loading webpage > look for icon > go to webroot >themes > default >images > post > then take the image that is called DWP and it will me the icon of a man in a suit.

In Mininmal Curved mode >> loading webpage > look for icon > go to webroot >themes > Curve_Minimal_Multicolor_2  >images > post > then take the image that is called DWP will me a plain icon

Sunshine Meadows:
There is a lot more work to do eg the icons are not finished and every time I add a new one I have to edit the Minimalist Theme, but hopefully this sets a few peoples minds at rest.

Please look at the attachment below  >attachment< it shows what those using the Curve Minimal Multicolor Theme now see in Talk.

lankou:

--- Quote from: SunshineMeadows on 07 Feb 2014 12:41PM ---

Please look at the attachment below  >attachment< it shows what those using the Curve Minimal Multicolor Theme now see in Talk.

--- End quote ---

I must be being very thick what are "themes?"

Sunshine Meadows:

--- Quote ---I must be being very thick what are "themes?"
--- End quote ---

Lankou,

Themes are just not on your radar of things you need to know, your not thick.

A theme determines the colours, text, icons etc that are used to illustrate the design of the message board.

On there website the people who designed the website have a section where programs offer theme downloads for free.
There was a thread in talk about purple recently which reminded me of this site where they use a purple theme http://spartacusforum.org.uk/ sorry but the forum has been closed because of spam. That was a surprise. Anyway here is another link to show an alternative theme, http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=353

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version