Author Topic: hi people.Greetings from Spain  (Read 3463 times)

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
hi people.Greetings from Spain
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »
Hi.Hope you are all well

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: hi people.Greetings from Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
Glad you've arrives safely, Mabel  >thumbsup<

Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
Great photo of you and it is good to know you arrived safely  >biggrin<

Are you getting a few days to explore the city or does your university course start straightaway?

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »
Welcome to Europe, MabelDR - hope you enjoy your stay & the course.  >biggrin< >rose< >hugs<

Yvette

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
Fabulous.  I'm delighted for you.   >biggrin<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
Lovely photo! Glad that you arrived safely.

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »
You are all so nice to me!Thank you for that really.I'm doing ok,just trying to adjust my body and mind to the new time zone.In my country there are 6 hours less than here in Spain so I fall asleep at around 3-4am which is when i normally sleep back in Dominican Republic.I gotta find a way to work that out 'cause I dont want to feel so worn out and it's not right to close eyes while in class.I dont want the teachers to think i came to be lazy or that i dont care about the class.Im trying to stay in bed at 10pm here even if its 4pm back home.It's quite a challenge but not impossible to achieve hehehe.That pic is from Barcelona,in Glorias metro station.It was nice.I'll keep you posted. >rose< >cheerup<

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
Jet lag is horrible to adjust to and you will probably feel odd for a couple of weeks.

Spain is a lovely country and I hope you enjoy your course.  Living in another country is a really exciting opportunity.  Do you think you will have a chance to come to the UK?

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 09:12:58 PM »
I do hope you are able to travel and see more of Europe now that you are here, who knows when the opportunity might arise again?

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »
It's been two weeks now or so since I first arrived last oct 12th.My birthday is next thrusday oct 30th...I feel odd cause im so far and i wont be able to celebrate with my family as I always have but I know i gotta be strong to make things work since this a big opportunity i got to grow up as a person and to get my life working career and future speaking.....I hope you're all doing well.Big hugs from Barcelona >rose<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »
It's great to hear from you Mabel. Yes, your first birthday away from home will be difficult, but you will grow and flourish.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:39:41 PM »
Hi Mabel, so how are you planning to mark this different sort of birthday?

Yvette

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Thank you so much for posting Mabel.  We'll all be thinking of you on your birthday.   >thumbsup<

Sunshine

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
 >bighugs<

Enjoy your birthday and if possible do some of your favourite things and buy yourself some gifts eg music cd, clothing accessories.

If you are shy about letting the people around you know it is your birthday try not to be and tell a few of them. Just then saying happy birthday to you face to face will bring smiles.

I wish I was young again and having adventures such as yours.

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »
I'm surprised that people would actually like to read about me being in Europe,or just basically read about me.Thanks for your comments and feedback.You're all so nice.
I'm missing Deb a lot specially cause there are some kids from England who play soccer staying in the residence where students stay and so I couldn't avoid getting emotional after seeing them..Ugh I want to believe it's not true and that she'll be back soon to post.Sorry im bringing topic again.
Here I share with you a pic I asked my friend to take after my other friend made my hair...I was leaving it curly but decided to go back to straight hair at least for awhile....