Author Topic: I made a mistake (not political)  (Read 2244 times)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
I made a mistake (not political)
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »
OK, so the PouchDemon, my dad and I moved on the last day of April to a ground floor, single level flat.

We brought our 15 year old washing machine, plugged it in, I soaked the place because the plumbing went wrong, so had to get a plumber in!  120 later, we thought life was good, so the Mrs. filled the machine, turned it on ... and nothing!  So a day of ranting and swearing and  I gave up and got my dad to pay for a new one. 

New machine arrives, complete with manual written by NASA, plug it in and ... nothing.  Two choices, call an electrician in or use one of the two theatre electricians in the house, and as Dad is virtually blind, I gotta go get a socket and swear at my knees!

Thank God I've got my knee op on Friday!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: I made a mistake (not political)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:08:44 PM »
 >bighugs< >chocolate<

Good luck for Friday, Turtle. I hope the op brings the relief you so desperately need.  >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
Oh gosh. Impressed you had a go though, I'm way too nervous of plumbing and stuff to even try. I paid John Lewis to install it but the installer couldn't work out how to do it so John Lewis refunded my installation fee. My daughter managed fine though! Thankfully. 

Yvette

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Fiz, can you send your daughter round to Turtle's new gaff?  >whistle<

ATurtle

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
OK, so I finally got the two machines working, thanks to plumbers and the skills I have picked up over the years. go off to the hospital and got a surprise!

Now my op had been cancelled because I am too big, so I couldn't be treated in the Private Hospital wing of our NHS hospital, but here was I just 2 months later with only one other person in the ward pre-op on the friday morning   >crying< Oh my god 07:00 is early!  Then again, I thought, they'd knock me out, wheel me down and slip some more into the two other beds.  So off I went and back I came, to come round and realise that Mr. T_____  in the bed opposite had gone home and there were no other occupants!  I had a Private Ward on the NHS for a weekend!!!  >lol< >lol<

Still, Monday comes and the wife phones up, the washing machine pipe had come off again!!!  She had the sense to phone the Landlord's agent and ask for help.  They sent their maintenance team round on the Wednesday (the day I came out of hospital) who asked, "This hot water pipe attachment isn't being used, can we plum the dishwasher into that?"   >doh<
Tony.

Sunshine

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
ATurtle,

How did you op go?

Knees a re really important when it come to DIY and the like. Since Mr Sunshine broke his in a motorcycle accident there are allsorts of things he struggles to do. There was a problem with the drainage from the dishwasher and washing machine that we just lived with but it was getting worse. When we got a carpenter in to fit worktop he turned out to know a bit about plumbing and sorted it out for us. I am not even sure he charged for that bit of work, there are some good people in the world.
 :-)

ATurtle

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »
The knee op went well, that is, I knew nothing of it, which I suppose is a good thing!

Just trying to get the swelling down, so that I can start getting it moving properly.
Tony.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »
Glad to see things went well Tony  >thumbsup<
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Yvette

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:09:33 PM »
I'm so pleased for you that the op went so well.  Hope the swelling goes down soon.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »
I hope your knee isn't too painful Tony, and that you heal quickly.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 08:19:53 PM »
Ditto