Author Topic: 10 pound Xmas bonus  (Read 1004 times)

Torre1

• Silver Member
10 pound Xmas bonus
« on: January 01, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »
Hi. Just wondering my OH gets DLA medium rate and ESA support group. He normally gets a 10 pound Xmas Bonus. He dosn't seem to have had it this year any ideas why?
Thanks

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 10 pound Xmas bonus
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
Hi Torre - hope not to confuse too much with technicalities, but what happens is that the DWP computer system runs a scan every year on certain dates to instruct payment of all the Christmas bonuses due, and if anything is 'outstanding' on a claim on that particular date, the system will not automatically issue the bonus.  In 'my time' working for the DWP, we would get print-outs of bonuses not issued and we would sort out payment clerically (manually) - but I wouldn't personally trust this to the centralised 'benefit factories' of nowadays.  It might be a good idea for you to just drop a line to the DWP using a second-class stamp (I would normally say phone them, but being kept on hold might wipe out half the ruddy bonus anyway  >whistle<)

Torre1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:30:24 PM »
Ok thanks might do that as its the principle more than the money

lostfamily

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:18:22 AM »
You should have had it by now if not phone my DH hadn't had his they was saying between 14th -21st January he got it about a week after i phoned which was late January early February

Torre1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »
Hi, yes haver it now. Bit late for Christmas thanks