Author Topic: "Comfort" wheelchair with user activated controls?  (Read 1261 times)

RoseRodent

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
"Comfort" wheelchair with user activated controls?
« on: April 06, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
is there such a thing as a comfort style wheelchair with tilt and recline controls situated where a user can actually get at them? I can use my legs and arms and walls in combination to push it in and out of the positions but almost always the controls are at the back by the push handles rather than near the seat. Is there anything I could actually use myself when I want it?

AitchEss

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
Re: "Comfort" wheelchair with user activated controls?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:55:37 PM »
Hi Rose

I have a wheelchair service chair & am being 'fitted' for a chair which, I think, might be the kind you're after.   I've been fortunate that there is a new physio at WS & he & his colleagues have been brilliant.   Is there are chance you could speak to your local WS, do you get yours from the NHS or do you buy yours privately?   Either way, it might be worth trying your local WS.

Aitch

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »
I have buttons for mode and on/off on one of my armrests. Is that what you mean?

RoseRodent

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 06:45:32 PM »
I have buttons for mode and on/off on one of my armrests. Is that what you mean?

What goes on and off? It's for a manual wheelchair, not an electric.

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 01:07:08 AM »
An electric one. I read your post wrong. I know what you mean now.