Author Topic: Ah dunno  (Read 924 times)

JLR2

Ah dunno
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »
That is to say I don't know if what I'm about to post is something either of interest to others here on Talk or if it's even allowed but...

I just can't stop my, maybe daft conspiracy theory notion about the US's cruise missile strikes in Syria, rabbiting around in my head it goes like this.....

After all we have heard about fake news from the new US President might it just be that the attack on Syria is something of a con?  It takes away from the attention on Trump's Russian connections and the idea that he might just be in Putin's pocket following the allegations re Russian hotel parties.

To give Russia forewarning of the attack is bad enough but in watching the BBC's news I couldn't help but get the impression that the footage of some of the damage shown to the airfield looked faked up to me. I mean some of the cruise missile impacts looked more like the kind of damage you might expect from a hand grenade going off. To take out a few soon to be scrapped aircraft using missiles that cost, I believe, near a million quid a time seems a bit of a waste but then when the cost of the missiles used was not coming from the President's own pocket I suppose the cost doesn't matter to him.

Might it be what we are seeing is a collusion between Trump and Putin to give the world the impression they are not as pally as some, particularly the US intelligence services have apparently suggested?

Talk up this fake row with remarks such as those being reported in the press about the US being one step away from conflict with Russia sounds a bit like someone harking back to the days of the Cuban missile crisis.

Trump needed something to take the heat off his suspicious Russian connections and just as Thatcher used the Falklands conflict and when in trouble Blair used fake heart scares Trump I suspect has had the help of the Kremlin to distract the media from his own troubles, what is it folk say, 'the bigger the lie.....'?

Time will tell if I am right to be suspicious of these US missile strikes in Syria, now where's me coffee?  >biggrin<

Rosie

• Charter Member
Re: Ah dunno
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
Oh it is of major interest to me because of where I live, BUT - the US is the other side of the world from Russia, and I do not think that Putin is that stupid, whereas I think that Trump could well be.

Sixty years ago I, like many other then 15 year-olds, were terrified of the possibility of a nuclear war between the US and USSR.  What was that called?  The Cold War?  Now,  like you, I dunno.  And I dunno whether what we see and what we hear and what we read is really the truth.

Or maybe I am just being an ostrich.

Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
Rosie, maybe it was Putin who suggested this US strike to Trump and like the idiot Trump is he fell for it. Just thinking about some of the aspects of the US strike for a moment it does look odd to give Russia the warning of the attack as in doing this it gave Russia the time to move various aircraft out of harms way or at the very least to bolster their protection from the missiles before they had arrived.

I suppose it was just pure coincidence hat there were no Russian airmen, pilots or ground crew on this airbase when the attack impacted?  Then again I guess we are to believe the Syrians and Russian maintain completely separate air bases and never mix or work from eithers bases, doesn't seem likely somehow as that would be a kin to no Polish pilots or ground crew working with or on British airbases during the Battle of Britain or even more daft NATO forces never mixing with US or European allies on their numerous bases across Europe, does it?

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »
..I don't know if what I'm about to post is something either of interest to others here on Talk or if it's even allowed ..

I'll allow it, though its natural home would have been the News and Current Affairs board ;-) However, I'm not going to move the thread for now as the Talk board has been so quiet lately...

On the actual topic, I'm not sure where it's all going to end up either, and the truth of it all (!) but I feel that the West can't shrink before Russia all the time and allow it to play bully-boy of the world...

JLR2

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 10:18:17 AM »
Thanks Kizzy, I wouldn't have minded if you had moved my posting, like I was saying I wasn't even sure if it would be something or a subject folk might be interested in.

On the posting I have a sneaky feeling Putin is behind this US strike on Syria, it's like he gave Trump permission to let the guys at the US Navy play with their toys....again :-)

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
@Kizzi and @JLR2 - I do not like to talk politics, especially as I am not very happy with my oen government, and I have lived through so many wars in my lifetime - but this?  I mean the possibilities of this?  And I am far too close to what is happening. 

I do not know whether to worry my socks off, as I did during the Cold War when I was just a teenager, or to act like an ostrich and read the news as if it is in another world and could not affect me.

And I just do not know what to believe any more.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »
Try not to agitate your hosiery too much - all the worry in the world won't change one iota what is happening or going to happen!  Personally, for all the blustering, I can't imagine anyone wanting World War III (apart from 'so-called Islamic State' and who cares what they want - cowardly little squits)
This is why the nuclear deterrent is named what it is - no side can 'win', when it really comes down to the wire.  And no need to be an ostrich when it comes to the news - just make sure you get it from as unbiased a source as possible  ;-)

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »
Kizzy - I read the news from everywhere.  Biased or not biased.  But I know where I live and I know how close I am to those who would prefer we do not exist and how close we are to where all the troubles are.  I do not think I am really frightened - at my age? 

But I have a nasty feeling that there is an idiot in the White House who can press that button, without the slightest idea what he is doing.

Ach - I am passed my two-score years and ten.  I have no idea where my now adult children and my grandchildren are, so I am living my life for myself and for little Tikva. 

And I do not want to read the news any more.