Ouch Too Forum Rules
- Try to be helpful and caring to other members here.
- Try to keep the messages they post on topic.
- If typing a very long post, break it into paragraphs so that other users can read it more easily
- Add the yellow triangle warning icon to any thread they start or post they make which mentions topics such as suicide or distressing cruelty
- Try to remember to add a written description of any pictures, photographs, or videos they post.
- Try to be constructive in their approach to using the message board.
- Make use of Ouch Too as a means of community living and progress. Have fun. Give yourself permission to be happy or sad, glad or mad.
- Say sorry when you know you are wrong and be gracious if someone apologises to you.
If a member wants to report a post which they think breaks the House Rules they can use the Report to Moderator option at the bottom right of each post.
We have put a time limit of 24 hours on the edit option. This includes both the title of threads you start and the text in the posts you make. If you wish to edit your post after 24 hours, please get in touch with either myself Sunshine Meadows or Kizzy Kazaer .
If a member is finding it hard to post within the rules and recognises, they are, for example, upset and bad tempered they can ask to be put on Gardening Leave. The member will decide how long they wish to be on Gardening Leave and their account will be changed so they can still read the Ouch Too message board but they cannot post. Over the years Gardening Leave has been used by several members and it has helped them, so this option will remain should anyone wish to use it.
- make deliberate attempts to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others - this includes personal attacks and name calling. Anyone who joins Ouch Too with the sole purpose of trolling the board will be banned instantly.
- use language which is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable. Swear words should be used sparingly, The F and the C word should not be used, but people may use swear mord replacements such as **** or the .smiley. Words like arse or shit are to be used sparingly.
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court. At times people do post sarcastic comments about members of the Government and are given leeway to do so as long as it does not get out of hand.
- advertise products or services for profit or gain.
- impersonate someone else, have more than one membership or use Ďsockpuppetí which is the use of an used for purposes of deception
- include contact details such as phone numbers or postal addresses. Email addresses using a memberís real name will be hidden unless moderator permission is given before the email address is posted.
- join as students or researchers and then ask members to take part in surveys or other similar research without asking permission from Admin first - this can be done via posting a opening 'introduction' thread. The opening thread can contain information about the topic being research etc but should not contain contact details such as an email address.
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others.
- 'spam', that is make duplicate posts containing the same or similar content. If a member wishes to Ďbump a thread they started, they must wait until the thread has moved to page two of the board list.
- behave in a way that puts either Ouch Too or its members at risk.
- post intentions to commit suicide. Members who are unwell and do post about suicide or plans to commit suicide will be given contact information for the SAMARITANS and they will also be denied posting privileges for 24 hours. Repeat offenders will have their account suspended for 48 hours and if the member continues to behave in a damaging way they will be banned. Being put on moderation will not be offered as an option because it does not prevent the member from making further suicidal posts, it just means only a handful of people can read them. No one here is trained to help a person who is suicidal, and this means posts involving suicide ideation/threats by an individual member can be distressing and traumatic to other people reading the boards. For more information members can go to this thread http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=9962.0 in Management Feedback.
- use overtly flashy animations in the avatars on their profiles. If someone uses an animation and it causes visual problems for someone else, they will be asked to make the animation static or change the avatar altogether. (When a member posts a link to a video which contains flashing images or lights they should warn members about this. It is possible to place video footage directly into a message meaning the person who is looking at that post may not have the opportunity to see a warning that has been added to the post before the video plays. This means we need you to add a warning triangle post icon to the post you are making if it is going to be physically, or emotionally stressful for someone else to look at. If you find this confusing, I suggest you donítí post anything that would not be shown on tv before 9pm and that you donít post flashy animations.
Both Members and Non Members please remember
People posting message can have strong opinions about their place in the world both on and offline. We will not always agree with each other and this should not be seen as a negative because debate is good and means we are not acting like drones. We are not (all) the sweet, innocent and fluffy disabled of the tabloid press, nor are we the workshy scroungers portrayed by the same tabloid press. We come here as individuals who happen to be sick, disabled or able bodied and we each respond to circumstances in our own way.
Moderators/Administrators are here to help the community run smoothly. If people need help using the message board, they will point them in the right direction; if members request that their posts be edited, moved or deleted we will help with that. If people break the rules, moderators have tools such as the ability to 'edit' a post eg replace a swear word with ****, delete posts and post the reason why, give members time-outs, temporarily ban members or permanently ban members (this latter option is used only after other options are exhausted, apart from instances of outright trolling or spamming by those who have joined OuchToo with just those purposes intended).
We try our best to keep moderation to a minimum so that freedom is maximised.
If you have any questions in relation to the rules please either email email@example.com or SunshineMeadows@OuchToo.org or if you are already a member post on the Management Feedback board here.
Now that you have read this page could you please go to OuchToo ABC and read that page Ė Thank you.
(2nd December 2018)