Ouch Too - a place for and about disabled people.

Forum => Welfare Rights => Topic started by: pjd on 03 Nov 2017 11:39AM

Title: ESA and home visits
Post by: pjd on 03 Nov 2017 11:39AM
Hi, does anyone know if you have to ask for a home visit on the esa form or wait until the medical assessment letter comes through, and when should you ask your gp to a letter asking for home visit?

Title: Re: ESA and home visits
Post by: Monic1511 on 03 Nov 2017 08:25PM
you ask on the ESA form, there is a part at the back nearly the last questions that says something like.
What happens next.  you will likely be contacted to a face to face assessment.  If you have any issues with this please tell us what the issues are and what adaptations you will need.

You then write - I am housebound and am visited by my gp so would need a home visit as even with a taxi I would struggle to get to an assessment centre

they might come back with - you need a doctors letter saying you need a home visit