Tiny triumphs

• 34 Replies

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Tiny triumphs

• on: 14 Aug 2017 10:22AM
Rather like the 'Acts of Boring Self Care' thread, this is a place where we can celebrate little things we've managed to get done.

Today I finished pumping up my wheelchair tyres. I pumped one yesterday, and the other this morning.   

JLR2

Re: Tiny triumphs

• on: 14 Aug 2017 11:53AM
If only the flipping rain would stop, for even a few days, I might be able to get out on my wheelchair. Right now I feel like I'm living in the world's biggest puddle >crying< :-)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Aug 2017 12:06PM
 >bighugs<

It can't rain forever, JLR. is there anything round the house you can get on with while it's lashing outdoors?

JLR2

• on: 14 Aug 2017 12:55PM
Anything I could on with? !!!!!  >yikes< NN there is so much I could be getting on with it's unreal so much I don't know where to start. Between trying to find someone to help me or to complete a base for a garden shed and my wanting to go down to the steel fabricator I have used in the past to ask him to make a wee adaption I've designed for my friend's balcony in Berlin which will help with the hanging of washing I just can't get my head sorted out in trying to think as to what to do first.

I have a decent sized kitchen and have, using the fabricator, had all the cupboard doors and kitchen worktops covered with stainless steel. My problem comes in the shape of the spare fridge freezer I have as I'd like to get that into my hoped for garden shed and in doing so maybe rearrange the kitchen. So I go wandering from the kitchen, having stood looking long enough thinking 'if I do  this I could do that' to the bedroom thinking much the same. Even the bathroom sees me trying to think how better to use the space I have there. I'd really love to see a bath in the bathroom as all the hot water my open fire creates could fill a bath so many times over instead I have the half wet-room the council folk installed.

I've just remembered a shelf thing that is for sale in my local charity shop and it is one that is divided for paperwork, A4 sized dookits, if I pop down and get hold of that I might just manage to organise the stacks of paperwork I have lying all over the place. So there it is socks on along wi'a pair o'shoes and I'll nip down and see if it's still there.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Aug 2017 07:06AM
 >bighugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Aug 2017 08:15AM
This might sound silly because it is about remembering to do something  :-)

I remembered to put the big casserole dish in the dishwasher and set it off on an intense wash. Next time I need to remember to add the lid  >blush<

JLR2

• on: 15 Aug 2017 10:30AM
Sunshine, it's always the same wi'me no matter what it is that I'm up to I always remember after the event. Two that I can still well remember were one where I was heading off somewhere doon the A9 when about 5/6 miles from the hoose I realised I'd left my teeth in the bathroom >steam<  the other was more scary for me I was crossing the Dornoch bridge on the way to collect something I'd bought over the phone when it hit me that only a few hours earlier I'd had a rare, for me, glass of Johnny Walker Black Label at home. I was in two minds, do I turn back now or go on and with my daft way of looking at things I decided I'd probably end up getting stopped on the way back so I carried on, fortunately I didn't get stopped but it was a lesson I'll never forget.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Aug 2017 11:43AM
.. I was heading off somewhere doon the A9 when about 5/6 miles from the hoose I realised I'd left my teeth in the bathroom >steam< 

Sorry JLR, but that made me  >lol< >lol<

Good idea for a thread, NN, by the way  >thumbsup<  My tiny triumphs usually involve tackling some job or other round the home that I've been putting off until I 'get round to it'...

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 11:24AM
Mine is not so Tiny. I have at last found the energy to Say (Hi to all my friends on Here )
Having been in Hossy The last 6 Months and being ill for quite some time before that.. Most of the hossy time spent in ICU, and nearly not making it several times.
Now I am minus most of my Bowel. So have my own toilet attached to my tum.
In other words a Stoma.
Hope all my old friends are doing OK.  >hugs<
You need to give love to receive it.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 02:07PM
 >bighugs<

It is lovely to see you able to visit and post again. Sorry you have been through so much  >dove< >rainbow2< >star<

>hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 06:43PM
Hi Frances, good to have you back with us - from what you've said, managing to come here and post is no mean feat after all that dreadful illness, so well done   >hugs<

ally

• Diamond member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 07:22PM
 >hugs< >rose<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 10:16PM
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

wheelydad

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member

• on: 16 Aug 2017 11:02PM
FRANCES,  >bighugs<  >bighugs<

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 17 Aug 2017 12:58PM
Thanks All. Its lovely to be home, But I am still by no means fit , No energy and I am as daft as a brush my memory is dreadful. Half way to get my meds and forget what I am going for.
 Not helped by the pain of moving !!! >doh<
Have I missed anything Exciting  >biggrin<
You need to give love to receive it.