Mail arrived, I am in a bad way.

• 86 Replies

SteveX

Re: Mail arrived, I am in a bad way.

• on: 09 Jan 2018 08:13PM
>bighugs<

Does anyone know what determines if a claimant is called in for an assessment? I am just wondering if it is a computer program and not a person, then again even if it is a person it is rarely personal.

Also the last two times were you put  in WRAG or found fit for work? I am asking because As long as you are at least in WRAG your money wont be stopped and you will still have an income as you go through the appeal process.

The last tribunal I attended, I won and was placed into the Support Group, that's where I currently am.
(it was regulation 35 that they said put me in there at the last tribunal, over 2 and a half yrs ago)
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jan 2018 05:10PM
 >bighugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Jan 2018 10:04PM
Hi Steve, looks like we are going through this together.  Only you have more practise at it than I have.

SteveX

• on: 15 Jan 2018 09:21PM
Hi Steve, looks like we are going through this together.  Only you have more practise at it than I have.

oh dear  >crying< Well I truly hope you are handling the stress a LOT better than I am, I'm in a very bad way right now, I keep breaking down and crying buckets in sheer terror and fear or both the coming medical (medical my a***) and the impending doom coming afterwards.

on top of this I still have the flu, so I'm not even eating properly right now.  I was kind of hoping this flu would be nice and fatal as that would solve my stress and worries but alas it seems I'm slowly getting better.   But the worry and stress of the incoming meeting is utterly terrifying.   Yes I've done it 2-3 times before but that doesn't really make it any easier.

I really hope you're in a better place than me mentally and can cope like a normal person would.
Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Jan 2018 10:06PM
"normal"!!  haha.  >biggrin<

I do not suffer from the anxiety that you have Steve.  I am trying to be very matter-of-fact about it.  I am reading up on PIP and seeing what others have said about the process.  I will then go through all my medical letters to see which ones would be useful for them to see.

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 17 Jan 2018 10:32AM
Please try and stay positive I know it is hard but you will get through it.
I haymy assessment next week on the 25th. I expect to fail like I did the first time I had one and was in pieces but the lovely people on here helped. I went through a lot even having to go on assessment rate again and went through another assessment which after was put in the support group for 2 years.
But I now have another appointment which has been cancelled once and rescheduled ( not by me).
When is your assessment. All you can do is tell the truth take any more evidence with you like me.
Then wait and take a step back deep breath for the next stage. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

SteveX

• on: 19 Jan 2018 05:33PM
I am expecting to fail too, I always do and get 0-5 points, that's happened every time so far and I've had to take it to a tribunal, so I am expecting it to be the same, but even so, the 'so-called' medical is still intensely stressful and anxiety causing and what makes it even worse is that they never see you on time, they always leave you waiting 30-50 mins so they can "monitor" you in the waiting room.

Seriously, you wouldn't treat animals like they treat us.  my appointment is next saturday (seriously, an appointment on sat?!??) and I'm already losing sleep, eating less and worrying myself to death about it. (even though I know its an utter joke and I'll get 0-5 points, and yes I've actually been awarded 0 points before now.   it's insulting)

I wish you guys luck and hope we manage to get through this ordeal somehow.
Member of POMMAS

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Jan 2018 09:21AM
I always request the first appointment of the day so I'm seen at 9am, only once was I kept waiting as the assessor was caught up in traffic due to an accident on the motorway. I am absolutely positive that they don't keep you waiting just to see how you are while you're waiting. My 30 minute appointment at the start of the day took almost an hour due to the state I was in and the nurse gave me all the time I needed to explain everything. They do watch you mobilise though when you arrive and go into the appointment. But don't worry about them watching you as you are sat there, they have other people to assess and then their notes and forms to complete before coming to fetch the next person so they don't have time to do more than watch you mobilise into the rooms and sit down.

Don't forget to ask for their full name and their profession as soon as you are sat down and write that down in front of them. Knowing you could report them to the GMC for any misconduct or poor treatment as you have their details will help them make sure what they record is an accurate record of what you say and describe. That's my theory anyway! I did also write a few notes about some of the questions when distress was blocking my brain from thinking clearly so that if it were to go to appeal I would have prepared a full accurate answer to any question I felt unable to answer properly because of brain fog.

Try not to worry Steve, you've won your previous tribunals so you know that you're entitled to the financial award so try to walk in knowing that. Take care.

SteveX

• on: 23 Jan 2018 08:16PM
Thanks Fiz,

Both my previous appointments had me waiting 30-40 mins in the waiting room, so I assumed it was standard practice.
as for asking for their name etc, I'm sure that's a great idea but I don't have the nerve to be honest and usually I'm concentrating so much on trying not to break down that I can't do something like that.  I just want to get in and get it over asap.

yes I've won both previous tribunals but with constantly moving goals etc, I think I would be foolish to simply assume I'll be ok.   (although I doubt I could do that anyway as I'm a pessimist and always expect the worst things)

Member of POMMAS

ally

• Diamond member

• on: 23 Jan 2018 09:44PM
I waited no more than five minutes before the f to f assessor came out to meet me.  She asked questions about what I had on the pip form, then, read back what she had typed.  My husband was my interpreter, so, most of the questions were directed to him.  She didn't ask me to leave the chair nor, did she conduct any examination.  She accepted the letter I had with me from the rheumatologist that I had seen the week before.  She asked me to sign for it.  On leaving she told me I had nothing to worry about, as I had lots of evidence.  On this occasion she was right. 

There would be nothing to stop you writing down what sections you think you should score on.  Then, ask if you'd scored on them before you leave. You can request a copy of the f to f  to be sent to you, before you get your decision from the DM at the Dwp.   >x-fingers<  Good luck

Monic1511

• on: 23 Jan 2018 09:48PM
Steve

by holding it together and rushing out before you break down you might not be doing yourself any favours, as they will report "claimant was able to engage, was not rocking in the chair, did not appear distress, was knowledgeable about their condition"  the assessor will introduce themselves, all you need to do is say, sorry I'm so stressed I wont remember that, can you scribble it down for me here please.

SteveX

• on: 23 Jan 2018 11:02PM
Steve

by holding it together and rushing out before you break down you might not be doing yourself any favours, as they will report "claimant was able to engage, was not rocking in the chair, did not appear distress, was knowledgeable about their condition"  the assessor will introduce themselves, all you need to do is say, sorry I'm so stressed I wont remember that, can you scribble it down for me here please.

I understand what you're saying.  Believe me, they'd have to be blind not to notice how stressed and upset I am at these things.  but yeah, I get what you're saying, I'll try to keep it in mind.
Member of POMMAS

SteveX

• on: 25 Jan 2018 08:23PM
The closer this comes, the more terrified I'm getting.  Didn't sleep much last night, kept having nightmares.
I'm not sure I can get through this, but I know I have no option.  absolutely dreading it but at the same time I want it over with.

I'm sorry, I'm just talking nonsense but I have no one else to talk to, so you poor people get it. 
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• on: 25 Jan 2018 08:36PM
 >bighugs<
When is the medical or do you even have a date yet?
sorry memory isn't great
 >dove<

SteveX

• on: 25 Jan 2018 08:45PM
>bighugs<
When is the medical or do you even have a date yet?
sorry memory isn't great
 >dove<

Its this Saturday, of all the days to give me. a Saturday.
Member of POMMAS