Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment

• 78 Replies

bub1

• Gold Member
Thankyou much appreciated.
The first assessment I had in 2015 they stopped my money before I received letter but they had to reinstate it as the HCP had not put down that I was due for operation 2 weeks after assessment. Only when I checked bank had I found they had stopped money, so Friday I will see. (had another assessment in December 2015 put in support group had assessment on the 3rd and letter was dated the 9th).
I hate the waiting 3 weeks tomorrow since assessment.
I think because they are calling virtually everyone in for assessment there is a backlog.
I think there should be a time limit that they have to let you know by.
Waiting continue

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
What gets me is the fact that they send letters slowly but then you've got deadlines for applying for reviews and then appeals, and I bet a lot of people don't take on board that they can ask for extra time, because that's in the small-print, as it were.

I know how much it upsets me waiting, so when I know others are waiting, I feel for them.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
I have noticed that to. 
Seems as everything is always in their favour timewise.

SteveX

>bighugs<
Member of POMMAS

bub1

• Gold Member
No letter today

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
I tried to think of something to say to cheer you up, but I'm not sure what would help most, so take your pick from:-

* Cheer up, it'll all come out well in the end;
* If they keep delaying it,  you won't get it before a different benefit is brought in, so you can apply for that one instead;
* If you're not getting it, it means you're not really disabled, it's just a figment of your imagination (and that of your doctor, your friends, your neighbours, the  people you chat with online...it's terrible the level of widespread delusion these days);
* It's a kindness to your postman to have carried one less letter today;
* It's a kindness to Ouchers so we can have an excuse to be nice to you;
* It won't be long before you get it and then I'll stop saying naff things to you.

>bighugs<

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
They are all brilliant Thankyou.
Just frustrated with waiting probably not the only one waiting.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
I just think the waiting thing is horrible.  If a retailer did things that way, they'd have no customers.  Certain politicians then use that as an argument for privatising, but since we have no choice which private company to use, it's not much use.  Ooh, there's a thought.  What if you could apply for Atos Superbenefit, Capita Wonderbenefit, or Maximus Megabenefit?  You could read the online reviews to see which say the nicest or nastiest things about claimants, which deliver the benefit fastest, which deal with 'returns' (i.e. appeals) fastest and most reliably etc.

Second thoughts, that wouldn't work, because I've yet to find any online review system that did minus stars.  And they only go up to five stars.  How would you give them minus ten stars?

bub1

• Gold Member
UPDATE
At about 4.15 I had text message from DWP saying my ESA will continue. Nothing about what group or anything so I have just got off the phone to them. I spoke to a really nice lady who checked a decision was reached yesterday and I AM Still in the SUPPORT GROUP- result.
I then asked her if it stated how long for and she said 18 months.
She is sending me a copy of hcp report and a letter confirming decision with it.
I canít tell how relieved I am.
I am in 😭
Thankyou all so much.
PIP here I come I will send hcp report with form to.
Thankyou again for all of your support.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

bub1

• Gold Member
Waiting over now.
Now PIP time.
I presume you can claim both together and it wonít trigger another ESAAssessment?

SteveX

Wonderful news!   >hugs<
Member of POMMAS

bub1

• Gold Member
Thankyou.
We have both had good news on this front.

Monic1511

I presume you can claim both together and it wonít trigger another ESA Assessment?
Yes you can claim both - the criteria is different but the DWP can use the ESA medical for the PIP decision if they decide not to call the person for an assessment.

Glad you got the award you wanted
 >hugs<

bub1

• Gold Member
Thankyou I am thinking of sending assessors report with pip form together with other evidence given to assessor.