Scotland Social Security

• on: 21 Jan 2018 11:07AM
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

Re: Scotland Social Security

• on: 21 Jan 2018 11:26AM
In all seriousness, if it goes well, I wonder whether they'll get a move of disabled people from England up into Scotland, and if so, how many would have to do that before it became a problem for the system?

I do admit that for me, it's attractive.

As some will know, I'm considering drawing down on a private pension and also expecting to inherit some money, so whilst short term I'm relying on benefits, in the medium term I expect to have a secure private source of income (subject to the state of the economy).   Nevertheless, a safety net matters, and, more to the point, society's attitude matters.  This says to me that politically Scotland cares more about sick and disabled people than England does.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

Re: Scotland Social Security

• on: 21 Jan 2018 04:59PM
I've just found the story on the Guardian's web pages https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/21/future-proofed-against-austerity-new-scottish-social-security-system here's hoping it'll be beyond Westminster's powers to interfere.

And I've just discovered Prabs, that you have already provided the link to the same page >doh< >biggrin<
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2018 05:48PM by JLR2 »