Author Topic: Warning to big hairy dogs, don't roll in the unmentionable you may get a haircut  (Read 380 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Picture of Dawang a Malamute dog who rolled in something unmentionable and his owner gave him a poodlecut.
Click on picture to enlarge.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2020 03:18PM by lankou »

Sunshine

https://yt3.ggpht.com/YUcmLGV__vyoupf007v2eAMVeZhZQsV5z2_L5y48FSiSKpeeAr8F6oBB3kvg2nknCCHfeMnMHHvz=s1024-nd

I have no idea why that image is not showing so could you save the image to your computer and then add it here as an attachment?
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2020 01:09PM by Sunshine »

lankou

• Charter Member

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Poor dog, he looks really unbalanced with his huge head and shorn body - and I've never liked seeing animals dressed up in human clothes...(though a winter-warmer 'waistcoat' for the dog's comfort is OK)

..in fact, he seems so disproportioned, the whole picture makes me think - is it a Photoshop job?!

>edit to add
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2020 09:05PM by KizzyKazaer »

lankou

• Charter Member
Poor dog, he looks really unbalanced with his huge head and shorn body - and I've never liked seeing animals dressed up in human clothes...(though a winter-warmer 'waistcoat' for the dog's comfort is OK)

..in fact, he seems so disproportioned, the whole picture makes me think - is it a Photoshop job?!

>edit to add

No it isn't a photoshop job. Dawang appears on a series of videos on YouTube by lady called Dianxi Xiaoge.

Link to a recent one:-

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
What am I doing watching a video with a dog in it?  Nope, I can't possibly have found that dog nice.  I'm not a fan of dogs.  Now my Youtube recommendations will be full of dog videos.   Grrhh.  Cats riding on Roombas or goats climbing trees and dams I can enjoy, but dogs?

Well, ok.   I could perhaps be converted to cute dogs. But don't expect me not to growl if I click on a video that turns out to be of a dog cruelly cross-bred to modern show standards. 

(If you don't know what I mean, find a picture of a Victorian alsatian/German shepherd and also of a Victorian British bulldog, then look at the dog-show winning modern versions.  Alsation deformed with tiny back legs, bulldog with a nose so flat it can barely breathe.  I had a rescue cat that was a 'Scottish fold'.  Oh, so prize-winningly cute with floppy ears - and riddled with painful arthritis because the ears were like that through cross-breeding to produce weak cartilege.  Buy a cute, therefore overpriced, cat, then dump it when you realise arthritis medication costs a bob or two.)

But shaving fur to fix yucky problem then providing a coat?  Yup, I'm all for that.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member

But shaving fur to fix yucky problem then providing a coat?  Yup, I'm all for that.

Dawang is an Alaskan Malamute so "balding" him in such a hot area is actually a kindness for the Summer.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
I hadn't thought of that.  It makes a lot of sense, though.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
I hadn't thought of that.  It makes a lot of sense, though.

A mile up the road from me the petrol station has a hairy dog that gets "balded" for the Summer.  I used to have an uncle many years ago who was a shepherd for a large flock of sheep, and his old English sheep dogs were shorn at the time as the sheep.

Sunshine

Please read this https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/why-you-shouldnt-shave-your-dog-in-summer/

*feeling grumpy about this* because I am a hypocrite when it comes to right dog for my environment eg I dont run my Husky X as much as he needs and often dont run him at all. He is a great guard dog though.

lankou

• Charter Member
Please read this https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/why-you-shouldnt-shave-your-dog-in-summer/

*feeling grumpy about this* because I am a hypocrite when it comes to right dog for my environment eg I dont run my Husky X as much as he needs and often dont run him at all. He is a great guard dog though.

There is a difference between shaved and shorn.