Switching to PIP

• 23 Replies

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

Re: Switching to PIP

• on: 06 Nov 2016 04:30PM
They have started contacting the people who are between 65 - 67 and have indefinite awards and they have to apply for PIP just because of when their 65th birthday was.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 06 Nov 2016 05:16PM
Swift and Monic - I'm 'only' 50 with an indefinite award and they sent me the letter a couple of weeks ago as well!

I put it down to being in the 'wrong' postcode area, ie one that's being targeted  >erm<

swift

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 06 Nov 2016 05:18PM
I'm 37 yo, indefinite and had the letter for PIP, so maybe they are contacting some people on infinite awards too?

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 06 Nov 2016 08:40PM
Yes once they start assessing the indefinites it could well be done by area. UC started up north and worked it's way now. Apparently my LA now have 150 UC claimants. It would make more sense to me to do the assessments by age because that would more evenly split all the face2face interviews across all the assessment centres rather then flooding and backlogging one or two.

james-1989

• Gold Member

• on: 24 Nov 2016 12:23AM
I got the letter for moving to PIP last week. I had to phone up to say I wanted PIP and answer a load of repetitive questions to get sent a form. I can't see why they don't just send the form  >steam< I expect filling in the form will probably a lot more annoying.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

• on: 24 Nov 2016 07:22AM
James if you have high rate mobility then you'll need to be careful as the distance is less than 20 meters for pip and lots of the high rates are being refused in the transfer.
Monic

gemini20

• Gold Member

• on: 01 Apr 2018 09:20PM
Finally got a letter to switch to pip last week.I thought they had forgotten me, but this is very late.isnt it?

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 01 Apr 2018 09:42PM
There are still more that haven't been moved across to PIP.

At least here you're with others that are going through it and have gone through it.  It's been very distressing for me, but I'm bouncing back, and others seem to.  I hope that's encouraging to know.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 26 Apr 2018 03:48PM
My dd is still on DLA hers was an indefinite award because autism doesn't go away. However she is high functioning and I've already discussed with her that when her PIP transfer letter arrives, to ignore it as she doesn't fit the criteria for it and her DLA will then stop. I'm just hoping her switch won't happen until she finishes at Uni because she is actually using her lowest rate DLA to pay for support she is using to get through the degree. So I'm hoping she doesn't get her switch over for the next 5 months. I think autism is a group of people who won't fare well with the switch to PIP.