Live at the Apollo and having a cheer-up chuckle

• 4 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member
I've just watched Live at the Apollo series 11 episode 1 on BBC iplayer. Nish Kumar did a left wing version of Monopoly.  It was hilarious but held a lot of truth. Well worth a watch!

If I'm feeling low I often look on BBC iplayer to see if there's a new Live at the Apollo programme because almost always it lifts my mood a little. It's noticeable that most comedians lean towards the left which makes me think,  looking at our government, we don't have enough comedians in the UK.

> edit to expand thread title
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2018 05:14PM by KizzyKazaer »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
A good laugh is an excellent tonic, I find - glad you were able to enjoy the comedic performances, Fiz (I think I saw one of the Apollo series a few years ago, might give this one a look now!)  What brings a welcome giggle to the rest of you?

For me, most of the laughing I do is at myself for doing something a bit daft  >whistle< Also, the tried and trusted 'funny cat videos on the Internet' will usually bring a smile >blackcat<

>edited to add
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2018 05:16PM by KizzyKazaer »

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Comedy is always good when I'm feeling low. Netflix and Channel 4 have great comedy. Sometimes I rewatch episodes of Brass Eye.

JLR2

''looking at our government, we don't have enough comedians in the UK''  >lol< >lol<

Certainly there are no politicians in our government, all I see are a bunch of wannabe comedians bad ones at that.

Fiz

• Charter Member
With very sick jokes that nobody gets