Got my PIP Assessment Date

• 72 Replies

Monic1511

Re: Got my PIP Assessment Date

• on: 30 Apr 2018 08:31PM
This document was made for Newcastle and there is a bullet point at the end that I think is relevant https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/wwwfileroot/benefits-and-council-tax/welfare-rights-and-money-advice/what_triggers_a_claim_for_universal_credit_in_a_full_service_area_0.pdf
i The principle is that if on a ‘legacy benefit’ and it does not mean a claim for another ‘legacy benefit’, then they remain on the ‘legacy benefit’.

That says to me - if on income related ESA and awarded PIP then the income related ESA should increase - there would be no change in circumstances

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 30 Apr 2018 09:11PM
Thankyou monic sorry to be a pain

Monic1511

• on: 30 Apr 2018 09:16PM
 >bighugs< You are not a pain, it’s just UC is a nightmare and where I work it’s not full service yet so I don’t have enough experience to say for sure what is right and what is not.
Take care

SteveX

• on: 30 Apr 2018 09:57PM
Says universal credit is available in my postcode and is part of the full service Thankyou monic

Monic is a real gem isn't she?  I don't know what we'd do without her, I know she's helped me hugely in the past.  >thumbsup<
Member of POMMAS

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 30 Apr 2018 10:24PM
Steady on there, Steve, we mustn't let it go to Monic's head.  We mustn't let her realise just how much we appreciate her.  If it dawned on her that that the help she's given to us has probably made a significant difference to most of us financially, she might start asking for a cut.

>run<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 30 Apr 2018 11:00PM
I would pay her for all of her help.

Monic1511

• on: 01 May 2018 10:13PM
 >thankyou<
Thanks Guys

Bub - I have an answer for you - if you get a PIP award you just tell ESA and it will not trigger a change to UC as you are not claiming a new benefit.  All we need to do now is wait for the decision notice

thanks  >hugs<

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 01 May 2018 11:10PM
Thankyou monic you are a star.⭐️Hopefully I won’t have to wait to long.

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 03 May 2018 08:50PM
Had another text from dwp same as I had on 20 the 20th April we have your assessment report and will let you know in about 4 weeks so another 4 weeks I think from this week

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 05 May 2018 05:25PM
Hadbletter today to say we have all the information we need to decide your claim for i

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 06 May 2018 07:29AM
What a bizarre letter, what are they doing, praying about it?!

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 06 May 2018 12:22PM
I don’t know 2 texts and a letter probably so behind they are trying to keep people from phoning them up and chasing them

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 06 May 2018 01:49PM
When I got that letter, I got it before I'd been given an assessment date, so I took it as telling me that I wouldn't need an assessment, but  if you've got a date for an assessment, I also consider it an odd sort of letter.  Bog standard, I suppose.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member

• on: 06 May 2018 03:08PM
Hi have had assessment also I have got the assessment report.
Had assessment on 17th April.
Just waiting for outcome now.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 06 May 2018 06:02PM
What a bizarre letter, what are they doing, praying about it?!

>lol<  I think the computer chucks it out as standard, like Sunny says!   >x-fingers< for a good decision,  Bub  >rainbow2<