Blue badge rules changing

• 5 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member

Blue badge rules changing

• on: 29 Jul 2018 08:54AM
From next year people with hidden/non visible disabilities will be allowed to have and use a blue badge. This follows Scotland and Wales who have already made these changes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44993036

lankou

• Charter Member

Re: Blue badge rules changing

• on: 29 Jul 2018 01:29PM
That will give the Daily Mail something to moan about.

huhn

• on: 29 Jul 2018 02:30PM
super, we have this already here, but many times people are not understanding this, but  i tell them, fgirst some people need to open the door full and normal places are to small or for people with mental problems is it  great they always  find the car and do not need to look for it,  so less stress. and many tell me thank you for explaining it, it helps to  understand it

ally

• on: 29 Jul 2018 05:24PM
I hope they decide to make more disabled spaces available.  If you're in a wheelchair, and, can't get in Or out of a normal bay, it's  going to make life so much harder, I can't use a normal bay, as I need to sit, then lift my legs into the car.  It's difficult finding any disabled bays as it is.  After the new criteria for disabled badges. It'll be a nightmare.  Its  going to cause controversy, and, problems.   It needs to be thought out properly, , And, new disabled bays need to be made available ASAP

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 Jan 2019 10:13AM
The article mentions people who are overwhelmed by anxiety in crowded places being allowed a Blue Disabled Parking badge, I wonder how this is going to be measured or will getting PIP Mobility at either rate be enough. The other thing is will something like stating mental health symptoms are a reason for getting a Blue Parking Badge mean that people should have to let the DVLC know and thereby get their right to a driving license checked?

I am not saying people that get mobility allowance should have a DVLA check just following a thought.

JLR2

• on: 21 Jan 2019 07:36PM
''The other thing is will something like stating mental health symptoms are a reason for getting a Blue Parking Badge mean that people should have to let the DVLC know and thereby get their right to a driving license checked?''

Perhaps those suffering such as active epilepsy attacks and barred from holding a licence will be able to apply for a named driver or person driving them somewhere to be able to display a blue badge.

The devil in me could imagine the DWP introducing compulsory black triangle wearing for would be blue badge holders with hidden disabilities.