Next years benefit rates.

• 9 Replies

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

Re: Next years benefit rates.

• on: 26 Nov 2018 05:59PM
There are increases in the disability premiums and PIP DLA and AA rates, benefits for working age folk have not increased

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 26 Nov 2018 06:16PM
I can't open pdfs so that's useful thank you Monic >star<

JLR2

• on: 27 Nov 2018 10:04PM
I haven't a clue how to work out what exactly these changes will mean for me, guess I'll just have to wait till I see whatever goes into my account when the changes are made come April.

Monic1511

• on: 27 Nov 2018 10:58PM
Hi,
If you get DLA or PIP the money in each component goes up very slightly, if you get ESA support group that also rises, but donít get excited as I doubt itís more than a few £ per week in total.

JLR2

• on: 28 Nov 2018 07:50AM
Good morning Monic, the bit that confuses me most is whether the various carried over premiums from my original income support days to the ESA Support group, things like severe disability premium, being increased add to any increase in payments due under the ESA support group listing?  Sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense in saying what I have, if only it was as straight forward as saying ESA support rises by x amount rather than talking about various other increases such as the one I've mentioned regarding severe disability premiums.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 28 Nov 2018 10:16AM
I haven't a clue how to work out what exactly these changes will mean for me, guess I'll just have to wait till I see whatever goes into my account when the changes are made come April.

JLR,

That is pretty much what I do. My claim is a simple one ESA and DLA, but there are people who have been sick and getting benefits all the way back to when the sickness benefit was called Invalidity Benefit, then Incapacity Benefit to now being ESA because they should have got transitional protection when the benefit changed. Currently there is another aspect to things please see this thread click here

I can't open pdfs so that's useful thank you Monic >star< title=star

Fiz,

Would you like some help getting a pdf reader installed on your device or are you happy to wait until sites like Turn2Us have the new rates up?

Monic1511

• on: 28 Nov 2018 07:36PM
OK Folks
I have pulled some of the figures of the main benefits I think you might be on,  the second figure is the rate from 06/04/19
ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE
higher rate 85.60 2019: £87.65
lower rate 57.30 2019: £58.70
CARER'S ALLOWANCE 64.60 2019: £66.15

DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE/PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT
Care Component Highest 85.60 2019: £87.65 also Enhanced Daily Living of PIP
Middle 57.30 2019: £58.70 Standard Rate Daily Living PIP
Lowest 22.65 2019: £23.20 not relevant to PIP

Mobility Component Higher 59.75 2019: £61.20
Lower 22.65 2019: £23.20

EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE Ė NO CHANGE
Personal Allowances Single under 25 57.90 2019: £57.90
25 or over 73.10 2019: £73.10
Premiums
enhanced disability single 16.40 2019: £16.80 couple 23.55 2019: £24.10
severe disability single 64.30 2019: £65.85

Components
Work-related Activity 29.05 2019: £29.05
Support 37.65 2019: £38.55

So if you are in the support group you will get an additional 90p,  if you get severe disability premium its a rise of £1.55

your PIP goes up by similar small amount.

if you really want to do the sums get out your letter and compare the amounts and you'll be able to work out if you can afford a treat.

if you are in the support group of ESA £111.05 and get PIP enhanced daily living and live alone then you get EDP and SDP added to the amount your due - sorry too tired to do the sums just now

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 29 Nov 2018 07:24AM
Just realised that for those who are using enhanced mobility for a motability vehicle, this increase will mean motability are getting an increase?

Thank you for the offer sunshine. This tablet is ancient and dying and I'm saving up for a new one. What I find so annoying is the Samsung tablet arrived with so much stuff pre-installed that you can't uninstall. Nine tenths of which I don't want any will never use and then you have so little memory. Is there such a tablet that comes with Internet access only so you can choose what to add? Maybe I'm unusual in not using most of all the pre-installed things.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 29 Nov 2018 08:39AM
Fiz,

The Lenovo brand comes to mind but it depends how long it takes you to save up and the offers on at the time. I will start a new thread soon.

The instructions for getting PDF Reader are go to the Play store time PDF Reader in search and see if Adobe Reader comes up in the list. It should be free so install it and it will be there whenever you want to open a pdf. The only downside I know of is that the smaller screens on phone s and tablets can mean it is hard to scroll through large pdfs for the information you might want.

Monic,

Thank you  >thumbsup<