Annoyances due to age and or decrepitude and or disability.

• 28 Replies

lankou

• Charter Member
No matter how hard I tried, the bar of soap was not going to work until the clear plastic wrapper was taken off.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2018 11:39AM by lankou »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
..... at least you noticed that there was a plastic wrapper.  >whistle< ;-)

lankou

• Charter Member
..... at least you noticed that there was a plastic wrapper.  >whistle< ;-)

Eventually.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I just love the use of the word 'decripitude'...or should it be 'decrepitude'?

lankou

• Charter Member
I just love the use of the word 'decripitude'...or should it be 'decrepitude'?

It should typo now edited.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Finding clothes that suit me that are age appropriate is annoying because the old lady shops on the high street are either shut or not wheelchair accessible. I need a beige cardigan and one of those pinny thingums that my aunties used to wear. What were they called?

Oh I know one thing that is really annoying I cant manage to dye my own hair anymore because there is all this grey and white that I can't reach because it is on the back of my head. Salt and pepper hair... I just wish it would go grey/white already.

I know you did not ask for positives Lankou but I just realised the older we get the less we are going to hear words like handicapped or crippled. Hffffttt I just remembered how my Dad was about my disability when he was alive. The older I get the more I want to have conversations with my Mum and Dad, its like age has given me the tools to talk to them without them getting defensive.

Anyhow, so what are other people thinking?

lankou

• Charter Member

I know you did not ask for positives Lankou

Give the stupid but thankfully normally hilarious things that are of my own making that happen to me, I merely thought it worthy of a thread.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Lankou,

>bighugs< the older I get the more I think out loud and it can make me sound like a right divvy when I just rattle on. I like the premise of the thread.

Yesterday I was walking Bran using my Powertrike and we accidentally ended up in a bus lane As I drove faster to get up the hill and out of the way my body decided to take a time out and I could not move for 3 or 4 second. It meant the dog was in control of the direction of travel for that time  >yikes< Luckily there were no cats or yappy little dogs on the High Street because it was Sunday phew.

Frances

• Charter Member
Sunshine did you mean an Apron or a Pinny,  Thats what Mum called them While I call them a Tabard !!
You need to give love to receive it.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Thank you Frances yes I would call them tabards too. Here is a photo. I went back and looked at some old photos of my aunties and they did where what is now know as tabards, but they also wore pinafore dresses which is a through back to how people used to have fewer clothes and they for example might wear the same pinafore with different blouses to make different outfits.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
One annoyance I have when it comes to getting older is the way my backside, aka my bum has got so big. I used to have such a nice one too. It is not so much about putting on weight which I have done as the distribution of that weight 
Worse still is I understand women of my figure and age have a choice lose weight get a nice bum but get a haggard looking face.  :-(

... and there is another thing men get to look distinguished as they get older well either that or grow bears.

lankou

• Charter Member
that or grow bears.

My garden is not big enough to grow bears.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
>lol<  and the award for Typo of the Week goes to...

My older-age annoyance is not having so much strength in my hands, so wringing out cloths and flannels is harder work than it used to be - plus opening certain types of packaging (why do some manufacturers make their product almost impenetrable) <grr>

lankou

• Charter Member
>lol<  and the award for Typo of the Week goes to...

My older-age annoyance is not having so much strength in my hands, so wringing out cloths and flannels is harder work than it used to be - plus opening certain types of packaging (why do some manufacturers make their product almost impenetrable) <grr>

Don't get me started on packaging, and adult proof containers:-

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
I would call the photo above a pinny. My Grandma used to wear one all the time.  Infact there is a photograph of a group of her age-range all standing outside a coach waiting to go on a trip.  And they are all wearing pinnies.

A tabard is what the dinner ladies at school used to wear over their clothes - a straight front and back tied up at the sides.