Annoyances due to age and or decrepitude and or disability.

• 28 Replies

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
>doh< >lol< I used to know a bloke called Bear and he never had a bearD . 

I guess if we could grow bears in the garden we could have a picnic with them huh?

Auntie, I wonder if what we call them is affected by our regional accents, but yes on the tabards they are different.

Kizzy, one thing about me having CP is I can wring stuff out in the morning but later in the day fatigue from spasms means ringing capacity all gone  :-(

SteveX

Yes, my gran used to call it a pinny/pinnie (however it's spelt) and she always wore one.
Member of POMMAS

lankou

• Charter Member
It is so cold here this morning I would not be at all surprised to see a bear in my garden.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
>lol<

I live with a bipolar bear who sleeps in late and wakes up grumpy (not to be confused with the bloke I knew called Bear).

Despite years of having to ask for help getting a hot drink or something to eat I still somehow feel that my turn at being disabled has lasted way to long and I would please like to be able--bodied for a year (see I am not being greedy). I know in reality this is not possible but hey just because I have never seen a unicorn it does not mean they don't exist right?

I think having to make other people drinks and dinner, do messages and drive them around and go to work eight hours a day and be able bodied would be worth it. Now I am rattling on again.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
The screenshots are from recent post list so the number are getting lower the more recent the post.

>attachments<

more to come.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2018 07:17PM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I started putting the screen shots of missing messages up yesterday and ending up doing it wrong  >doh< It is such a simple task but annoying brain fog descended and I posted messages that were not missing. I will try again later.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
>attachment<

Here are the three missing posts. Click on the image of the post to make it bigger and use the scroll bar at the bottom to look at the right side of the image.
Please just use this thread as you were now.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2018 10:26AM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Having Menieres Disease means I can start to feel car sick on land at any point in the day. Sometimes I can go for days without having to stay still or go to bed on those days I try to do more. When I got up this morning I thought today was going to be a day where I could get a bit of housework done and maybe take my dog out for a tun but NO here I am waiting for anti nausea medication to work. 

As long as I dont drive, use the trike or fall downstairs Menieres if not life threatening and so out of all my conditions it should be the one which bothers me the least. The thing is the unpredictability really >bleeps< me off

Does anyone else feel like illness or disability is like having a older brother sitting next to you poking and prodding until you cry. Maybe it feels like being inside a circus cannon about to be blown across the circus arena.

Frances

• Charter Member
With you there Ryan and I both have Menieres, Though He is by far the worst as his is nearly all the time where mine rares its ugly head only occasionaly (Thank Goodness !) Just trying to go to the Bathroom is a Nightmare , Could not cope without the Grab Rails everywhere !! >steam<
You need to give love to receive it.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Just trying to go to the Bathroom is a Nightmare

The pill I took earlier is working so yay. I certainly get the nightmare of trying to get to the bathroom, I tend to crawl and then get out of there quickly because being near the toilet reminds me of how sick I feel. I am rarely actually sick and some people see that as a positive but having hours of feeling on the point of puking is worse than being sick because of a good night out drinking  >doh< 

>bighugs<

Frances

• Charter Member
The bruises on my shoulders where I have toppled into doorsframes etc.
Just make it look as if I have been beaten up a lot ,
One of the nurses even asked me if I was being hurt by someone! >doh<
You need to give love to receive it.

lankou

• Charter Member
Changing a light bulb this morning was scary. I don't do heights.

This is funny:-

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
 >lol<  >lol<  so true...

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
It was my birthday recently and I treated myself to a Fitbit versa, it cheers me up saying I have good cardiac health and then it keeps vibrating every hour wanting me to do 250 steps. I guess I could try >cartwheel<