Blue Badge Reminders?

• 4 Replies

SashaQ

• Charter Member

Blue Badge Reminders?

• on: 02 Dec 2018 11:50AM
It's a bit late now, but I wonder if there is some way of getting reminders about when to renew a blue badge.  Every time I reapply (every three years) the system is different...

The first online renewal I did went through superquick so I 'lost' a month of time (my old badge expired a month after the new one started).  The next time I did an online renewal I didn't reapply too early (so as not to lose time) and it went through in two weeks so I was without a badge for a week. 

This time I have just been informed it will be six weeks so I could be without a badge for a month  >doh<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Blue Badge Reminders?

• on: 02 Dec 2018 01:01PM
>doh< :-(  

In the area i live in we are supposed to get reminders. click here  

If you already have a Blue Badge you will automatically receive a renewal notice. If you've changed your address since your current badge was issued please Call Derbyshire.
I think it varies council to council. I am glad you started the thread because I will check the date on my Blue Badge next time I am in the car.

SashaQ

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Dec 2018 07:39PM
Thanks Sunshine - that is good to know that some councils are helpful  >thumbsup<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 08 Dec 2018 09:38AM
The main reason people forget is probably be that once we get a Disabled parking badge it goes in the car and we never really look at it. EEEkkk no maybe that is just people like me who don't set the little clock thingum.

A while back we got a parking ticket because the car was in the disabled parking bay outside the house and a piece of paper had slid across part of the parking badge so it could not be completely read. Back in the day before privatisation the parking officer that checks the street regularly would have known we have a valid parking badge and not had to give us a ticket. Well I like to believe that would have happened.

Big Muff

• Silver Member

• on: 05 Jan 2019 07:29PM
many years ago in the days of Orange badges I used to park in the same spot in a car park mon-fri for work as I started reasonably early. One day I had just got out of the car and a parking warden (PW) said
PW " oh i'm glad I've caught you"
Me "why?"
PW "your badge needs renewing"
Me ( checks badge in a tax disc wallet on windscreen) "how can you tell it bleched out "
PW "because its round"
Me "so?"
PW "they have been square for 5 years and they only last 3"
Me " ah i'll get it renewed"
PW " good lad"

somehow don't think it would happen today