Blue Badge Reminders?

• 25 Replies

SashaQ

• Charter Member

Re: Blue Badge Reminders?

• on: 29 May 2019 07:29PM
That is good that you have been able to get what the council were asking for - let's hope it goes through quickly now.  >x-fingers<

Good idea to wait until you get the badge before campaigning...  Good luck to you and the campaign groups - the council should pay attention to what other councils are doing so that they don't make other people struggle like you have been...

MEdawn

• Charter Member
  • Silver Member

• on: 17 Aug 2019 08:37PM
I'm having issues with Bradford Council - my BB expired when my PIP ran out and despite me saying that I've sent off all the forms etc and that it could take several months (thinking assessment, turned down, appeal etc) they're not prepared to give me an interim one. I contacted my local councillor who was lovely and spoke to them and surprise surprise they should have done an assesment to see if I qualified anyway......  Spoke to them 2 weeks ago and the manager assured me he was dealing with it there and then. still nothing so need to chase on monday.

Currently have a scrappy bit of paper with "PIP renewal in process" which I put out and any fines etc will be sent to Bradford Council!

Monic1511

• on: 17 Aug 2019 08:43PM
Itís a common misconception that you can only get a badge if you have pip/DLA, anytime youíre without the benefit ask for a walking assessment and although it takes longer you should get the badge anyway.

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer

• on: 26 Aug 2019 02:16PM
Realising my blue badge was about to run out, phoned the council, they don't send reminders no more but, they put a form in the post. Wow, it arrived next day.
Reading the form they will help fill it in and take a photo if needed.
Took all PIP letter with me and ID. Didn't even need an appointment.
Doing a face to face, she didn't need copies as she put the details straight on to the computer.
She did say, if sending by post they need a copy of page 1 and page 4 from the pip letter.
Even took my photo.( yes for free.  >cool<  )
Said it would take a week to 10 days. Watch this space as a week is up Tuesday.

Is it just my helpful council or do they all oblige.
The only draw back My PIP only runs until July next year. I shall have to re-apply for a new one.
Still not complaining as so many hospital appointments.

Monic1511

• on: 26 Aug 2019 08:17PM
Hi
my Council needs an appointment and there is a £20 fee, they need to see a current award letter and will take a photo of the person, I think the photo was because that way they can be sure the badge holder is the person in the photo. 

suessad

• on: 27 Aug 2019 08:00AM
Hi Monic Did you query the £20. I believe, in the UK they all charge £10 for the badge but, should not charge that much for the photo.
Yes they all need a photo,it goes on the back of the badge.

Another good point of visiting them,you can pay by card. Therefore no 10 day wait for cheque to clear.

SashaQ

• Charter Member

• on: 27 Aug 2019 08:55PM
Hello suessad

That was helpful of your council - that is a tricky thing, to get a passport photo, as I can't just go to one of those photo booths in a shopping centre, so getting them to take the photo would be good (this year I was able to use a photo I had had taken in a print shop, but the print shop has since closed).

It does sound hopeful that you will have your new Blue Badge very soon!   >x-fingers<

Monic1511

• on: 27 Aug 2019 10:36PM
HI Suessad

I don't need a badge myself but I am aware of the fee and in Scotland the fees are set by the councils, maybe is the SNP get their way the rules will change - mind you its an SNP controlled council,  oh well

suessad

• on: 02 Sep 2019 06:12PM
Sad to hear they are more expensive in Scotland.But whatever the cost they are a real Godsend to those that need them.

My badge arrived Saturday. So yes, great work by my local council.  >thumbsup<

Monic1511

• on: 02 Sep 2019 08:32PM
Good to hear that youíre a satisfied customer, glad your council is efficient that way.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Sep 2019 06:03PM
Crikey I didn't realise reminders aren't sent. I must check the date on mine.