Reinstating dla awards non attendance pip consultation. Good reason

• 3 Replies

ally

• Diamond member

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2018/december/reinstating-dla-awards-non-attendance-pip-consultation-good

This exercise regards the decision in OM [OM v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (PIP): [2017] UKUT 458 (AAC)]  which was handed down on the 23rd November 2017. This decision refers to DLA claimants transferring to PIP, who failed to attend or participate in their PIP consultations, and who had their DLA terminated as a result, but where, subsequently, DWP Decision Makers or Tribunals have decided the claimant had a ‘good reason’ for not attending or participating. The decision states that in these instances claimants’ DLA awards should be reinstated, until a final decision on their PIP claim, and back paid, as necessary. We accept that the same approach applies where claimants who failed to provide information or evidence were later found to have ‘good reason’ for the failure to comply.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
That is strange the link takes me to the Disability Rights UK homepage and not the article so lets try again click here

I think we might already have a thread which mentioned the article but I dont remember the bit you quote being discussed. Its is great news  >thumbsup< 

Sorry I am not adding more right now I have brain fog aka Pregablin head.

Happy Holidays  >bighugs<

ally

• Diamond member
I'm useless at posting links.  Thanks for changing it.  Happy holidays to everyone on here  >bighugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member