PIP Travel Distance Petition.

• 5 Replies

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer

PIP Travel Distance Petition.

• on: 04 Dec 2018 02:24PM
Stop making people travel unfair distances for disability assessments.

Please clamp down on Atos, Capita and Maximus and make sure they:

- Don't make anyone travel for more than 90 minutes to a PIP or ESA assessment
- Don't require an expensive letter from a GP to prove someone can't make the journey
- Make sure that everyone who needs an assessment at home is given one

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-asking-people-with-disablities-to-attend-assessments-that-are-far-from-home-2?bucket=email-blast-8_11_2018_pip_travel_50k_flt_8_11&source=facebook-share-button&time=1543918786&fbclid=IwAR1pIHmPU5mhhgF82KiP6qjF6oRcWR6S4_tJfoBWxRwP8SwfiYtd-_vzQBo
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2018 02:34PM by Dark_Divinity »
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

F2M. Pre-Op.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: PIP Travel Distance Petition.

• on: 04 Dec 2018 03:27PM
I signed it.

I realise there are a lot of disabled people who live in locations that make getting to assessments difficult, but has anyone mentioned how many people this is affecting. If it is a low number of people then the DWP needs to let the people being assessed have home visits and if the number is high then why not set up a temporary assessment centre at a GPs surgery or similar location.

Offworld

• Charter Member

• on: 04 Dec 2018 10:33PM
... then why not set up a temporary assessment centre at a GPs surgery or similar location.

To get DWP unumstazi agents embedded into GP surgeries is something those who rule wanted a while ago. Perhaps they could attain it in a back-door way, initially as an alleged solution to the "assessment" venue distance problem?

Tony_Demoncy

• Silver Member
  • Wait - what?!

• on: 06 Dec 2018 08:23PM
Already signed this from a different source.  >thumbsup<
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 07 Dec 2018 09:44AM
Offworld,

I was not thinking the assessors should become embedded in the GPs surgeries more like once a month they are allowed to use a room to assess people who are otherwise going to be told to travel for 90 minutes. I see you point though and I am being naive thinking the solution I suggested would not have consequences eg it could reduce the number of people getting in home assessments.

Tony,

>thumbsup<

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer

• on: 08 Dec 2018 06:05PM
I signed it.

I realise there are a lot of disabled people who live in locations that make getting to assessments difficult, but has anyone mentioned how many people this is affecting. If it is a low number of people then the DWP needs to let the people being assessed have home visits and if the number is high then why not set up a temporary assessment centre at a GPs surgery or similar location.

Thanks for signing the petition. I have no information as to the number of people.
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

F2M. Pre-Op.