Are you allergic to Christmas?

• 4 Replies

Spindrift

Are you allergic to Christmas?

• on: 05 Dec 2018 04:18PM
I was just ready an article about people who are allergic to real Christmas trees and it reminded me o f the itchy red bumps I would get on my hands and arms every year we had a real tree. I thought all the things I used to do for Christmas were worth it and now this year I just feel a bit deflated. Maybe I should put some music on...

Hmm maybe this thread should be in the Cafe no wait it is a serious thread too about the fact I am disabled limiting my enjoyment of the Festive season. I would like to go to midnight mass not so much for the relgious aspect as the singing. I sing very off key (apparently) so I would have to whisper the words.

I would also like to go and be in the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, it never works out in a crowd of bums and bellies though  >yikes<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Are you allergic to Christmas?

• on: 05 Dec 2018 06:07PM
I find the shopping part hard work sometimes as the sheer amount of people around - and the extra range of available goods to look at - can send me into 'overload', ie mental shutdown, tiredness, irritability and anxiety.  Therefore I try and make a start on gift-buying in mid-November, then I get a sort of momentum going with it and gradually it becomes more manageable. 

'How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time' pretty much sums up my approach to the pre-Christmas'chores'that have to be done, including the writing of cards (have got the postal ones out the way now)

lankou

• Charter Member

• on: 05 Dec 2018 06:25PM
Ho (expletive deleted) Ho.

SteveX

• on: 05 Dec 2018 07:06PM
I will admit to simply loving Christmas, I'm not religious in the least (quite the opposite!) but I've alwats loved Christmas, and it's not just because I recived presents, I just love the whole festive feeling, I will admit that it's getting silly these days and people are putting up their decs far far to early (I used to put them up around the 15th of Dec.  I've not been able to do them for quite a few years now and I do miss them a lot.

But yes getting back on topic, I love Xmas and it's usually the highlight of the year for me.
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 06 Dec 2018 04:37PM
Lankou, you're not a huge fan of the December festivities, then  ;-)

Steve - don't get me wrong, I love Christmas too - when all the cards are distributed and the presents all bought!  Then I can relax somewhat and start looking forward to - and having a pre-Christmas taster of - all the lovely food (the best part of it for me  >biggrin< )