Emergency plans for medicine shortages in case of hard Brexit

• 3 Replies

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Reading through the article it sounds like they are talking only about transportation issues and not about anything like contracts for manufacture in European countries. My guess is while we have a NHS the UK is a big enough customer to get the drugs it needs. I am probably over simplifying again.

Fiz

• Charter Member
Yes I'm not worried either. Maybe I'm naive but I'm pleased I'm not stressing over an unknown like I usually do!

From what I read yesterday, I think the Norway Plus sounds ideal. The only way we're linked to the EU is because we're part of the Union of trade but not under the EU laws or needing to pay money to the EU to be part of the club. The downside some leave voters might not like is we would have to accept free movement of people from the EU countries which I have no problem with it at all. I don't understand why Norway plus isn't being put forward as the best or ideal solution of a deal. But then my knowledge of politics has always been scant.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
The downside some leave voters might not like is we would have to accept free movement of people from the EU countries which I have no problem with it at all.
I dont have a problem with that either especially given how many EU residents work in the NHS,

Speaking from the opposing side I can't see how some will accept the free movement of people after all UKIP and the Leave campaign made such a big deal about migrants taking British jobs.