• Charter Member

Today's weather

• on: 08 Dec 2018 11:47AM

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Today's weather

• on: 08 Dec 2018 01:42PM
OH no that poor cat, that is why I try to make sure mine are indoors when the weather is like this.

Its been so grey and wet it makes daylight look dirty.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 08 Dec 2018 05:13PM
Is that even a proper cat?  Looks like its face is melting!  Whatever, he's not a happy chappy, and it looks like you're getting the same inclement conditions as we are in Somerset (wind and rain.  Again.)

lankou

• Charter Member

• on: 08 Dec 2018 05:34PM
Is that even a proper cat? 

No it isn't, but that picture reminded me of a neighbour's cat which when it was persisting down with rain, instead of going home would stare at me from outside with a look on it's face as if it was my fault.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 10 Dec 2018 09:54AM
Good thing there has not been a cat like that at my window I would have let it in  >yikes<

The weather here in the Midlands is cold and grey, and it has not rained yet. The willow tree has lost almost all it's leaves and I found out just how cold the soil is when I when I planted the shrub I got for my birthday. Hopefully I did not over water it because the night time chill would kill it.

oldtone27

• Charter Member

• on: 10 Dec 2018 09:59AM
That's one sad cat.

Right now its fine and sunny with clear blue sky and just a little chilly at 6c.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 10 Dec 2018 05:04PM
Good thing there has not been a cat like that at my window I would have let it in  >yikes<

Did you mean, you would not have let it in? >biggrin<

OldTone, my South West-dwelling compatriot, your weather once more mirrors ours in Somerset - although colder, a welcome break from all that damned wind and rain, IMO!

Spindrift

• Bronze Member

• on: 17 Dec 2018 09:54AM
The kitchen is full of sunshine, maybe I should open the curtains in the sitting room  >biggrin<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 30 Jan 2019 09:28PM
And now we're nearly into February, has anybody had any snow yet?

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 31 Jan 2019 09:15AM
A sprinkling yesterday but not what I call snow. Very very very hard frost last night so too cold to snow... is that a actual thing.

lankou

• Charter Member

• on: 31 Jan 2019 09:40AM
No Polar bears (yet)

oldtone27

• Charter Member

• on: 31 Jan 2019 11:01AM
No snow here near the south coast. Even the frost wiped off the car screen this morning without scraping. Forecast this afternoon for the higher ground away from the coast. Staying in!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 31 Jan 2019 09:35PM
..too cold to snow... is that a actual thing.

Definitely - from what I understand, the temperature has to be just right to yield the white stuff.  Lankou, don't give up on sighting that bear just yet - looks like the whole of the UK is in for a covering, we even have it here now and it's settled despite starting as rain (OldTone, it might have caught up with you by now too!)

oldtone27

• Charter Member

• on: 01 Feb 2019 02:32PM
Yes it has caught up, but not bad. Had to go out, but apart from slush on minor residential roads others are clear. Had a flurry about midday but didn't settle.

Hope it doesn't freeze tonight.

AndMac

• Charter Member

• on: 02 Feb 2019 07:44PM
I got snow, a bit more than a sprinkle. enough to make all grass and paths white. It meant my Age UK fortnightly shopping trip got cancelled.
 The side roads around town were ice rinks, and the minibus wouldn't have been able to pick everyone up in a safe and timely manner. 
Luckily, I didn't need anything, as such, I got my flour and yeast out to bake bread, and all was well.
The fresh bread was gorgeous... all gone in 24 hours.
 I'm lazy. I use a food processor to knead the dough, it's not much effort at all.
 I discovered a while back that if you add 8g of salt (a lot, I know) and a generous tablespoonful of olive oil (15 ml) for 500g of flour it all tastes so much better.

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker