PIP review pending...

• 34 Replies

paradox

• Silver Member

Re: PIP review pending...

• on: 16 Dec 2018 07:25AM
Thank you everyone. I can only do my best now. I have some supporting information to send but getting new things in the next 8 days is not going to be easy so its going to be mostly things I sent last time.
Even the review form is a joke. They have removed the No change box just to make it harder to get across that you're saying things are the same as a year ago. I am going to write it in and make it clear instead and add details of how I still am and what help and assistance I need.
Sunshine Meadows, no its fine, its not that you were wrong, none of us can ever know for sure, they change what they do all the time.
Thank you Fiz
This is the second Christmas I have been doing reviews and I already know next Christmas I will be doing an ESA review too. So that's 3 in a row, Its just not fair. They make Scrooge look like a Humanitarian!

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 16 Dec 2018 01:36PM
I'm very hoping you're wrong about next Christmas but I'm pleased this one is done by Christmas so you can try to place it in the back of your mind and then think about Christmas and family and relax and enjoy as much as is possible.

paradox

• Silver Member

• on: 18 Mar 2019 09:23PM
UPDATE!
Well I sent my completed PIP review form and lots of supporting evidence on the 18th December 2018
I have heard nothing at all for 3 months! Last time I had a face to face appointment within 3 weeks.
Today after 13 weeks of nothing I got an appointment for a face to face next week!
Totally gutted. I was hoping after all this time they may give an award without a medical...especially
as I had one only 12 months before the new review arrived! I got full mobility and daily living last time
and I cannot see what gain there is to put me through that again. But there is no logic to this anyway!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 19 Mar 2019 09:17PM
Putting you through another f-to-f does indeed sound pointless, not to mention the unnecessary stress it causes you - but if your last f-to-f resulted in a decision of enhanced rate for both components, all might not be lost yet... Good luck for next week >x-fingers<

paradox

• Silver Member

• on: 20 Mar 2019 08:26PM
Thank you. I'm dreading it but I can only do my best and hope

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Mar 2019 02:53PM
Hope you are Ok , Hanging about not good for stress !! Just thinking everyone seems to be asleep on here these days . I pop in most days  so if you need to chat just message. >hugs<
You need to give love to receive it.

Monic1511

• on: 24 Mar 2019 04:58PM
I come in every day at night to check if anyone needs anything but there are few new posts.

As for the PIP review as a WRO I get lots of clients refused at renewal but that can be because of the form.  The form asks are you better or worse than when you originally applied.   That doesn't take into account the fact that clients cant remember what happened when they last applied.  Some folk tick no change but fail to tell the person filling in the form that they were refused and had to go to appeal to get an award.  I prefer to put stories in all the boxes but that might be wrong as well.

paradox

• Silver Member

• on: 24 Mar 2019 09:37PM
I've sent in so much supporting evidence and gave a full run down added to the very poor review form.
Dreading the face to face this week, but no choice. I have an ESA review due in December too. It will be my third Christmas in a row ruined by worrying about reviews!

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 26 Apr 2019 05:59PM
How did you get on paradox? I hope you are okay

paradox

• Silver Member
Hi All.
Well this is my update!
The Face to face seemed to go ok although very stressful. The centre was running late and eventually I got in an 1 hour 20mins late. He seemed friendly, had a mental health background and as I have mental and physical problems I hoped that would help. It ended, he said I would hear in 4 to 6 weeks.
Last week I got a letter saying they had all they need now to make a decision and I would hear soon...this was dated 15th April.
Yesterday I noticed my PIP money had gone in but was around £3 short. I called up PIP to try find out why. The guy was very helpful and started digging into my file and at first he thought it was just some kind of adjustment. He then asked have I recently finished my Motability deal ( I have a mobility vehicle to get around) I said no....he dug deeper and found they have reduced my daily Living and Mobility down to standard on both, from Enhanced on both! and they had sent my award notice on the 16th! It was 26th yesterday, 10 days later and I have had nothing!
So now I will be losing my car, have my rates reduced and face appealing etc! I am devastated!
He read out bits to me...they lied!!! I was in my transit wheelchair the whole time, My carer was pushing me, I never left the seat and they claimed I can walk 20-50 metres! There are other things too which they lied about but until I get the award I cant say exactly what else.
So I had 30 days to ask for a reconsideration, I am now 11 days into it, no award notice, awaiting news about them taking my care away from me and stuck on reduced money and time running out!
I told them on the phone I want a reconsideration, which he noted  and I will send it in writing as soon as I can.
I am still in shock. I have been on high rate DLA and PIP for 20 years! Now they have lied and I am going to be housebound. Not sure how much more I can take.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2019 09:42AM by paradox »

huhn

• on: 27 Apr 2019 03:41PM
 >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs<  >hugs< that is very bad, fight back and be strong for it.

paradox

• Silver Member

• on: 27 Apr 2019 04:07PM
Thank you, I am trying to  :-(

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 27 Apr 2019 04:43PM
You had to hang around for well over an hour for your assessment?  That in itself is disgraceful - can you just imagine the response if we turned up that late?? >doh<

As for the reduction in your award and the ridiculous business of saying you can walk x far when you obviously cannot:  I understand that to have to push for your original entitlement must be looking like yet another mountain to climb, metaphorically speaking, but it seems like something you will have to see through to the end.  Well done for putting in the reconsideration, that's the start.  Sending you strength and you can always have a rant here  >bighugs<

ally

• on: 27 Apr 2019 06:30PM
Have you asked for the assessors report?  Once you have that, go back through the report, and, look at the points the assessor has scored you on.  Compare what you've wrote on the pip form to what the assessor has wrote.  If you find any discrepancies, use medical evidence to back up your argument as to why you should be awarded the points.  Then, concentrate on considering whether you have properly explained your problems on your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors? , described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors?  or, failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria.  Reliability has four components each of which must be satisfied in order for an activity to be undertaken ‘reliably’ Safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly,  and, in a reasonable time.  Your limitations must be present on the majority of days over a 12 month period. 

Good luck with filling in your mandatory reconsideration.  Hopefully  someone on here will be able,to help you with that.  X
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2019 06:32PM by ally »

Monic1511

• on: 27 Apr 2019 09:13PM
When you eventually get the decision notice sit down with the points and write down where they have told lies and the state why you meet the 12 pointers

Sorry I havenít posted much due to a family situation but take care and donít let the buggers win.  >hugs<