Feeling faint, giddy and shaking in the middle of the day - suggestions please.

• 30 Replies

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I am just wondering if anyone else's has an idea what this might be. I usually get up at about 8:30am, watch some tv and potter about, then go on my computer upstairs. For as long as I can remember I get shakey and more spazzy when I am tired and from time to time it would happened in the earlier part of the day. Lately at about 11:30am I have been having something that is a bit like a Menieres Disease attack as in I get giddy and feel like I am falling backwards. However I also shake a lot and feel very weird. I don't ever pass out but it feels like I am going to. I deal with it by asking Mr Sunshine to make me toast and a a drink, after which I slowly feel better.

I asked my counsellor (who I am still seeing) is it is psychological like a panic attack and she suggested it being low blood sugar. If it is low blood sugar will eating even more than I already do in the morning help. One weird thing is my pulse rate only goes up a bit and nothing like when I take Bran out with the powertrike.

Does anyone here have something similar happen to them?

edit to fix text size - Sunshine
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2018 02:30PM by Sunshine Meadows »

lankou

• Charter Member

Richard_D

• Charter Member and Volunteer
How long on you staring at the computer screen for?

Are you experiencing any twitching/ jerks or involuntary movements?
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
How long on you staring at the computer screen for?
Maybe an hour and a half  sometimes shorter some longer.

Are you experiencing any twitching/ jerks or involuntary movements?
Apart from shaking and 'ordinary' cp symptoms no.

thank you for asking.

ally

Either low blood sugar, or could be anaemia.  Have a blood test that'll tell you it its either of the above.  I felt incredibly tired.  Fell asleep sitting up.  Then, experienced feeling faint and dizzy, with palpitations.  On visiting the GP, I explained the above.  She ordered blood tests, and, I was diagnosed with low ferritin. I'm now on ferrous fumerate iron meds.  The ferritin is slowly rising, and, I'm no longer feeling as tired.  So, go and see a GP.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Lankou  >hugs< sorry I missed you earlier post.

Ally and Lankou,

I had a blood test about a month ago and everything was withing the parameters it should be. What you said about being so tired you fell asleep sitting up and low blood sugar ties in with the fact I had another spell while unpacking the super market shopping. I wonder is it just I have rubbish core muscles and so when I tax my system by sitting upright it makes me dizzy etc.

Thank you everyone.

lankou

• Charter Member
Lankou  >hugs< sorry I missed you earlier post.

Ally and Lankou,

I had a blood test about a month ago and everything was withing the parameters it should be. What you said about being so tired you fell asleep sitting up and low blood sugar ties in with the fact I had another spell while unpacking the super market shopping. I wonder is it just I have rubbish core muscles and so when I tax my system by sitting upright it makes me dizzy etc.

Thank you everyone.

Just because your sugar level was OK a month ago does not mean it is OK now.
Also those symptoms could be caused by low blood pressure.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I did not know that Lankou. I have had periods of spells like these for a number of years. I might have already mentioned it was thought to be too low blood pressure and an essential tremor but low blood pressure is associated with standing up and I am sitting down. I wonder if it is a CP thing?

The blood test I had was the yearly MOT one for iron,cholesterol and vitamin D etc. I have a 0.6 risk of cardio vascular disease in part I think because my blood pressure is on the lower side. It is so frustrating being in less pain now I am taking Pregablin but more wobbly so I cant do the things I want and need to do.

Maybe it is just that I tend not to think about a particular state of my health once it improves and so I sort of forget about it until BLAM it comes back :-(

SteveX

That's not good Sunshine, I hope you're feeling better soon!
 >hugs<
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
It is so frustrating being in less pain now I am taking Pregablin but more wobbly so I cant do the things I want and need to do.

That just sucks  >thumbsdown<  But I do agree with Ally and Lankou that you should take this giddy-shaky feeling to your GP..

lankou

• Charter Member
It is so frustrating being in less pain now I am taking Pregablin but more wobbly so I cant do the things I want and need to do.

That just sucks  >thumbsdown<  But I do agree with Ally and Lankou that you should take this giddy-shaky feeling to your GP..

Having just read this about Pregablin, please go to a doctor.

More at link:-

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/pregabalin-side-effects.html

In Summary
Commonly reported side effects of pregabalin include: infection, ataxia, blurred vision, constipation, diplopia, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, headache, peripheral edema, tremor, weight gain, visual field loss, accidental injury, and xerostomia. Other side effects include: abnormal gait, abnormality in thinking, amnesia, arthralgia, asthenia, cognitive dysfunction, confusion, edema, neuropathy, sinusitis, speech disturbance, vertigo, visual disturbance, myasthenia, amblyopia, increased appetite, and twitching. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Thank you and it is good to have a list of Pregablin side effects. It is difficult though because I really need a holiday from how much pain I was in and I have done this before. I think the longest I have taken Pregablin for is about four months because the weight gain gets too much and also a sense of otherworldlyness kicks in and I see people who are not there. Oh my that is too dramatic it is just like when you see the coat on the of a settee and think it is a person only more so.
 I will think about going to GP after all it is impossible to get as appointment right now unless it is urgent.

On the upside it did not happen today. I have just been feeling tired and wintery.

Richard_D

• Charter Member and Volunteer
Doesn't your surgery have an online appointment bookings and prescription requesting system?
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Doesn't your surgery have an online appointment bookings and prescription requesting system?
Yes it does, and when it gets loaded with new appointments tomorrow which is Monday. I should have said it is next to impossible to get an appointment with one of the GPs I usually see. Also having recently seen them I really dont want to go again so soon to talk about something I have mentioned a few times before. Last time I pushed I was sent for an MRI and saw the Neurologist who i had never seen before and he was the one talking about low blood pressure upon standing :-( > I got all hopeful that they would find something that could be fixed and then that.

If I was not already ill and the spell happened I would have gone straight to see a GP or ringing NHS 111 but as things stand I have a smart watch so I can check my heart rate, a blood pressure monitor if I want to check it and also the big thing is I dont have to go to work. I did do some research on none hypoglycemic low blood sugar and it could be the increase in sugar in the cereal bars I eat in the morning is causing my pancreas to make a bit too much insulin.

One other think Mr Sunshine is here all the time as in he is either off sick himself or is working from home, so if I did proper konk out he would get help. I dont think I am going to get any worse thought. I will let you know how things go.

>bighugs<